Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  2:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  08:25:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's happened to this CTAP project? Is it at an end?
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  10:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it hasn't "ended" as there's no set end to it, but certainly no one has said they are working on another piece.

If someone wants to it will certainly be added (and appreciated).
Go to Top of Page

Noiz2

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  2:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Noiz2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BTW sound post is what I do for a living. I sugest you don't do a lot of clean up early and then just do the track over at the end. You could have consistent voices then. Or folks can record some clean takes on a decent recorder and I can post sync them, though that could get problematic if the takes are not semi close to the same pacing.

Also I can fix the FX... I have a large library and actually would like to do more animation sound.

I think my contact info is in the profile but if not
scott@scottkouesound.com

Cheers
SK
Go to Top of Page

Wena
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1050 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  4:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really loved this part, it was the only Animations I had done for a while.
Wean
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  6:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it was fun while it lasted but I think the momentum ran out on it. If I get the energy (and time) I might start a new one up (but probably not until the spring -- I'm still trying to just get AS working on my new machine properly).
Go to Top of Page

Neon22

New Zealand
61 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  07:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1 - Count me in if you do it again.
Go to Top of Page

MattInTheHat

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  07:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I like these collaborations so I was wanting to participate and hoping to maybe breathe some life back into this thread. I wasn't part of the forum when it was alive.

I had started working on this weeks ago. Life and its cruel shenanigans has stepped on my motivation. Set fire. Pee'd on the ashes.
I finished the animation yesterday. Finally got all the pieces rendered and pasted together this morning. My computer is no longer strong enough to keep up with even the simplest of animations and that made this very difficult and time consuming.

Nothing fancy/impressive regarding animation. Just wanted to be part of the story.

-Matt

Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  09:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt,

It's cute and ironic in that I just spent the last week (while my wife was in California) watching a ton of apocalyptic movies (the last was "Terminator:Salvation"). For some reason, though, I was really waiting for a strong punchline that you set up perfectly. Something like (with almost no thought put into this) "...gradually slip out into space. What? What? What was it!?" and she answers "You left your other plunger in Einstein's sink".

Either that, or it could have been a more complicated punch (which I generally hate but perhaps justified after I just reviewed the rest of the entries) where she says "Do you remember when you were making donuts with Al and H.G. and you ran out of oil and decided to use butter?" "NO! You're not saying...?" "Yes, it was the butter fried effect".

(You can obviously tell I'm not quite awake yet -- oh, well, I'll think about starting this up again, although after watching that "Ruuuuuuuuunnnnnnn" animation I'm thinking more now that we should rethink the ground rules).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

MattInTheHat

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  10:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah yes. The butter fried effect... something I'm all too familiar with.

I think when I wrote this script I was trying to leave the apocalyptic cause of destruction fully open for someone else to decide. Hoping it might draw in a new (or old) collaborator.

I watched that Ruuuunnn video you posted. And I saw your new collaboration thread. Sounds like that is gonna be a real fun project. It's simple and yet there's still alot one could do to have fun with it. I think it will definitely get some people excited about participating. I'm hoping to get to work on something for it soon.

-Matt

Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  11:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, let's hope folks will be interested in participating again. I have several thoughts but I kind of hate to start only because I don't necessarily want to set the tone for people (although I'm more than willing to do so if no one jumps in).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Wena
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1050 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  07:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow!!!

Thanks

Wena.