New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

werew0lfgirl_99

151 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  10:36:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is GPU? Is it on the computer or the program? Also is mesh available in anime studio pro 11?
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

151 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  10:45:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My computer problem was fixed and I am combining the scales into fewer layers. I am also trying to add highlights and shadows. However it is not letting me blur the shadows with edge softness in preview. When I render everything looks pixilated. Is something wrong with my settings? It feels like my resolution is low or something. http://www.mediafire.com/file/kfxlslvfoirjc1k/DRAGON_FULL_BODY_STAR_FINAL_3.anime
Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
244 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  12:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To answer your first questions, GPU stands for Graphics Processing Unit -- it's a dedicated chip which just deals with graphics display. And I think I'm right in saying that mesh manipulation is a Moho 12 Pro thing.
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1259 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  6:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IIRC, the way Moho / AS uses the GPU is to "sort of" render layers that aren't active (which is why some layers might look "fuzzy" when you're not editing them if you have GPU acceleration on). So disabling the GPU means the work area display is based on all the vectors and not some "sort-of" rendered images.

And, yes, John's right - smart mesh is Moho 12.

I'll take a look at your ...FINAL-3 soon.

EDIT: render (i.e. preview) looks ok. I ran a pan/zoom .mp4 and that looks ok too. If you want to see it I'll upload it - just ask.

BUT it took ages even on my big system. the .anime file is huge - nearly 11Mb. As I've said before, I'd be very tempted to think about a more efficient design for animation.... such as multiple rigs - e.g. a longshot full body, close-ups for head and tail... etc - whatever the storyboard needs...

AND ... AnimeStudioTutor's monthly competition for May has a theme "Dragon" ... https://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_files/competition/?id=42 up to you if you decide to enter...

Edited by - hayasidist on 05/05/2017 09:23:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

151 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  7:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you could show me the pan/zoom render that would be awesome! Also I would love to enter the completion, but would I loose any rights to my dragon? How long do I have?
btw if you want to modify and use her you welcome to, just change her head shape and accessories (including the head horns cheek spines and remove the weird long ears)

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 05/05/2017 8:57:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1259 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  04:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the video is here - the camera work has no artistic merit - it was done to prove that the file would render https://www.mediafire.com/?fnltga9rpadvcfj

the AST competition is open for entries until the end of May -- having never entered I don't know the rules (John has won a couple of times - he'll be able to tell you more) and the rules and procedures are on the website - you'll need to create an account there (free!)

Thanks for the invitation to use the dragon base...
Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
244 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  05:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@werew0lfgirl_99 - Yeah, I've been lucky enough to win the competition over at animestudiotutor.com a couple of times! It's very simple; each month you are given a theme -- you have until the end of the month to submit your animation on that theme (usually it's an animation -- once or twice it's been different). The animation has to last at least ten seconds and it has to be made with Moho/Anime Studio (any version).
You have to make the development file available for download, but you can say how it is to be used (Creative Commons licence is most popular).
(I seem to be using a lot of parentheses...).
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1259 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  3:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayasidist

quote:
Originally posted by werew0lfgirl_99

Okay I finally got it :). My brush has circles in it. If I want a brush line to have 10 circles in it is there a way to lock this circles in place so that when I move the line the number of circles does not change only the amount of spacing between them and the amount they overlap does. Like beads on a necklace or in this case snake scales

That one took a little longer to figure out...

I've improved on that technique as I needed it and it was a pain to do it manually. So I now have a script that takes a path with points on it, adds the extra points and hides the segments in between the points with the single brush image on it.

It's working in my set-up but, if there's any interest, I'll ruggedize it for public consumption - which might mean making sure it works on AS11 if that's what you're still using?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page