"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1372 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2019 :  5:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:-) first time I've heard that song amazing stuff! and the speed of production .. well -- what can I say -- 5-6 hours and I'd still be crafting the (flat!) assets in Moho
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4629 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2019 :  5:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice. The background of the first scene doesn't do it justice, but all other backgrounds/sets/lighting is very good.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6503 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2019 :  3:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys -- it's the reason I'm now doing 3D (speed and ease of production). Wes, lighting is just one single light -- again, for speed and ease of creation. I do like that background for the first scene but different strokes...

Hope the two of you are still animating and having fun -- I'm having more fun than ever.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4629 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2019 :  5:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons

...but different strokes...

True. Still quite the accomplishment. Haven't animated in forever, but still scripting for Moho.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1372 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2019 :  05:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been a busy year so far -- I have a live action job in progress (a nearly 2hr movie of a stage performance) that started pre-production back in late Jan and that's just now finishing post .. that has some animated inserts that I've done in Moho. My (now 6 y.o.) son keeps me and mum on the hop.. so busy, but it's all still good fun and I manage to squeeze some time for other stuff...
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4629 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2019 :  2:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, I remember when you announced your son's birth, Paul. Can't believe it's been six years already. Where does the time go?

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6503 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2019 :  3:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time does it's thing -- my grandkids are graduating high school. Grandkids. Sigh.

I recognize I'm a lucky man to have both the time and the tools to do the thing I love the most. While I sit here laid up from tennis (bigger sigh) I can still animate. While I have a special place in my heart for 2D, just SEEING 3D animation makes my heart soar. Sometimes I can just put down a set (nothing I've built, of course) add a few lights and -- wow. I move around the room and I'm in heaven (love the real time nature of iClone -- and it just keeps getting better and better).

I'm in between projects now, though -- need an idea or two (Christmas for sure, but it's SO hard to think of something I might want to do for that). Funny how lost I feel when I don't have a pressing project <g>.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page