Problems, Solutions, and General Discussion
 Arm and leg creation with line or shape
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

byxx
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  2:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit byxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Community,

for later animation:

is it a better way to create a thick line for cartoon arms and legs or make a surrounding and filled shape. In the help > tutorial pdf there is an example of a layered shape based on a thick line, so that animation responds only to a curved line with three points.

Both will work, which might be the better choice

THX
BX

Anime Studio 11 Debut

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6491 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  6:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will have a lot less options with just using a line - I've always used filled spaces.

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4611 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  7:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Both work well. It just depends on your needs. Bendy hose limbs work pretty good at stacked strokes. Otherwise, I'd tend to go with filled shapes.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1352 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  02:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also something to consider is "how many shapes" in a limb - and should they be on separate layers or not. And that also depends on what you're planning on doing with your character. e.g. if you want to use the same rig for (say) facepalm and scratching the back of the head it would possibly make your life easier if you had upper arm / lower arm / hand on separate layers.
Go to Top of Page

byxx
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  10:32:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit byxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think for future work, it is a good option to have filled shapes rather than strokes, just to be flexible, I guess.
- so thank you well!

BTW: In the help>tutorial (2.4 Varying line width)on stacking two shapes based on ONE Line, I donīt get the point hw to scale down the upper shape. How is it done?

I have problems to select a specific layer out of the given upper and lower shapes and then make the surrounding line visible by scaling down the upper shape.

THX

Anime Studio 11.2.1 Debut/Pro

Edited by - byxx on 06/13/2019 10:53:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4611 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  6:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have to change the width of the shape's stroke style, instead of point width.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page