New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

0parkp
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2018 :  06:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had a problem with this?

It's only been happening recently it seems (and not all the time) but on occasion I will be working away creating character designs when suddenly for no reason when I got to click on a layer in the layers panel, the program freezes up then closes down.

There's no error message before this happens, nor when I open the file back up. I've tried turning off auto-save and Enable GPU in the preferences thinking that would help but no avail.

I've now turned off GPU Acceleration this time to see if that stabilises the program, its too early to say if that's the fix but I wondered if anyone else had this problem or if they can confirm that disabling GPU acceleration stops it crashing.

The program is the 64 bit version as my PC is 64 bit, i7 core and I presume, a decent graphics card that seems to handle everything else well. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1317 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2018 :  1:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had a few unexplained crashes but not with the frequency that your post suggests. Much the same PC spec as yours.

questions: are you using reference layers? imported PSD with individual layers? particle layers that have been duplicated? have you been running moho for a while without restarting? custom scripts in use? I've had a few issues in all of those circumstances...

the latest release 12.5 22438 reportedly includes some fixes for memory leak problems - those can cause some weird behaviours - but I haven't given this version a good thrashing yet so I can't say if it's sorted the random crashes.
Go to Top of Page

0parkp
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  04:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, none of those things are a factor.

Is the new version available on the SmithMicro site or do you have a link to where I can access it?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1317 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  07:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here's the link for the SM site: https://my.smithmicro.com/moho-pro-updates.html

or, if you run Moho, in the menu bar:
help > check for updates
-- and that should find the latest version.

hth
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page