Work In Progress
 Nosey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

werew0lfgirl_99

151 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2017 :  12:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working on my first human head turn. This is a purchased rig I have modified. I have completely changed the nose, hair, etc. Anyway whenever I grab the head bone, my character's nose goes floating off. I can't really figure out what I did because it looks like it is binded to the right bone.

I also can not figure out how to enable changing the order of the layers so I can change the layer order of my ears during the head turn. Is it on a drop down menu, is it a part of layer settings or is it a icon? Sorry that I can't seem to word this question well but I don't know what it is called. Wes called it animate group order.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fl394x3lbwqbm5h/Owen_Grady_1006.zip

Thanks in advance. I know I have learned a lot from everyone here, but I still get stuck sometimes on things that are probably pretty basic.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 11/12/2017 12:18:42 AM

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4471 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2017 :  01:11:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you orbit the workspace, you'll see that the nose and eye shadow layers are much farther back in z-depth. That is what's causing them to float around. Unless you need it for a specific effect, most z-depth should probably remain at zero. Different z-depth can happen inadvertently if you have auto-center new layers enable in the preferences.

To layer sort the ears, you'll need to "Enable animated layer order" in the Depth Sort tab of the layer settings for your FACE layer.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

151 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  3:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wes! : )

It is looking much better now.

https://youtu.be/SW1bDIdSFzE

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 11/16/2017 3:27:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4471 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  4:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Definitely getting there.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1259 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2017 :  06:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes - the back hair isn't quite right - but the rest is looking good. As I keep needing to remind myself - it doesn't need screeds of true-to-life detail to look good!
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

151 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2017 :  10:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do really love photo real looking things though. I love that hayasidist's realist eye file. : ) I use as a base for pretty much everything but it is alway in a jpg of photoshop format.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page