Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Moho (Anime Studio)
 Problems, Solutions, and General Discussion
 Is Moho 12 worth the upgrade from Anime Studio 11?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

werew0lfgirl_99

138 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  02:45:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am curious if moho 12 is worth the upgrade?

I know it has smart wrap for images...but other programs offer that too and it doesn't look very easy even for what I am doing.

Does it handle my thousands layers better than 11?

Does it have any unlisted features that are really useful?

I remember looking between Anime Studio Pro 10 and 11 when before I got it when Anime Studio Pro 11 was the newest. 11 was very superior.

jahnocli

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  04:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is something really only you can answer. Download a trial and test it for yourself. I'm a notorious tightwad, and I upgraded (after some initial reluctance!). I'm just a hobbyist, so the outlay was difficult for me to justify as well, but I wouldn't go back...
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1246 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  06:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMO Moho 12 is NOT any better at handling files with millions of layers than AS11 (I've run your dragons in 11 and 12 - no real difference there -- performance difference is down to the hardware I used not the software). So if that would be your only motivation to upgrade, don't. But 12 is a significant advance in drawing tools - freehand is better and it has Bezier handles; plus the new animation support - IMO worth it for those. But I agree with John that only you can assess the value of those to you ...
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

138 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  12:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am mostly curious because the upgrade on sale right now. I downloaded the trail but I am not really finding anything that I feel I really have to have.

I also have a different program called crazytalk animator 3 (it was on sell) which has some image warp abilities. Its very weird because the layer can wrap onto itself somehow. I don't Know how to use crazytalk animator 3 yet haven't even sat down and played with it because new programs are frustrating. lol. Anyway I always planned to get this other program for simple scenes. Anime Studio 11 was for the complexed scenes. I think of Crazytalk like the original iMovie (the good useful one) its does simple stuff quickly. I think of Anime Studio like Final Cut Pro, It does amazing stuff and has unlimited abilities but it can take longer.
Go to Top of Page

uncle808us
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  09:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit uncle808us's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried out the new MOHO and found out the Bezier handles are nice and also the drawing improvements but not over $60 dollars worth for an upgrade. Thanks but no thanks till the price is lowered. Just my opinion no reason to reply unless you know the price is going down, and I doubt it will.

MacBook Pro 15 in. OS X 10.9.5, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB Cheetah 3D, Gimp, Poser Pro 2012, Vue 7 Pro,Comic Life 3.
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

138 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  9:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The upgrade is on sale right now I have a few more days to decide.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page