Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

toshiyori
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2017 :  1:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no problem sync mouth to audio, now I cannot sync the mouth switch layer to the head bone. As I move the head for animation, the mouth does not follow.

toshiyori
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2017 :  1:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't realize how inefficient my post was until now. I have five (5) switch layers in this animation, four (4) have been bound to the head bone ( Eyebrows, Pupils L & R) For some reason the "Mouth" switch layer will not bind to the head bone and this has me confused !
I will delete this switch layer and try again unless some one tell's me what's hayWire.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6302 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2017 :  3:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Without seeing the file it's hard to say why that is an issue, because you certainly should be able to bind that mouth layer to the head. You're sure that mouth layer is inside the bone layer?

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2017 :  03:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't you put all the facial features into one bone layer, and then bind that to the head bone?
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried another method: using Anime Studio built in "Mouth Set's, I.e., >File > Import > Props > Head- Mouth Sets > I selected # 2. I still cannot get it to bind this layer to the head bone.
This is an entirely different character, As before, the other Switch Layers binded to the head bone. And yes, the mouth layer is in the bone layer as well as everything else !
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6302 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  1:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then I would suggest posting the file and let us take a look at it (sometimes that's the only way to get it solved -- Wes is particularly good at this).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  2:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I "Post The File" ?
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6302 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  3:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just upload a link to where you stored it (Dropbox or a dozen other free cloud storage spaces).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  09:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you be more specific ?
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6302 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  10:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
www.dropbox.com

They have a free account or a free trial 30 day business account. Mediafire is another place you can try (I've never used it but some folks here might be more helpful on it). Or just google "Free Cloud Storage" and it will tell you all about your options.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  11:21:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use FileDropper: http://www.filedropper.com/ It's dead easy.
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  11:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No thanks, I don't want to get into a $30.00 a month for animation answers. I;m thinking about upgrading to MOHO, think thats a good idea ?
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6302 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  1:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None of the ones I talked about cost anything (and everyone should have *some* cloud storage).

You can download the free trial of Moho to see if it works for you -- that will give you the best idea on whether you will like it or not.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  1:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toshiyori

No thanks, I don't want to get into a $30.00 a month for animation answers. I;m thinking about upgrading to MOHO, think thats a good idea ?

Who were you replying to? Filedropper is free.
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  5:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'v got a simple question for you experts, I contacted Smithmicro regarding this problem. i zipped the file to them, i got a new version f pro 11, it had the same problem. I'm thinking maybe I have done something wrong ! So, here's my question; 1st i highlight the Head bone 2nd i highlight the mouth Switch layer 3rd I click the 'Bind Layer' have i missed something ? I noticed the head bone changes color when the "Bind layer' is checked. I'v done this many times and cannot reason the mouth switch layer does not bind to the head bone !
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4418 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  6:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to select the layer, select the bind layer tool, and then click on the bone to bind to. The bone being bold when that layer is selected means it's bound to that one bone.

The latest version of ASP11 does not have a "Bind Layer" button, so you should install the free update if you have an older version of 11: http://my.smithmicro.com/anime-pro-updates.html

-Wes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page