Lip movement on animal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

werew0lfgirl_99

138 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2017 :  12:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I am trying to figure out a good way to animate lips for an animal in anime studio pro. The animal does not need lip synch. It just needs lip movement for emotions.
far I have used nested bones because it allows me to move a single point on the lip line with a bone. None of the bones on the lip line are parented together because it causes movement problems . As I have it now will work, but I would really lie to combine the lip corner so the point from the upper lip and the point from the lower lip stick together. The upper and lower are in separate layers because I have a fang that needs to stick out over the lower jaw.
So here is the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ce710eoafcvctn/Head_1_f_2.anime

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1246 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2017 :  04:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first observation -- you don't *need* to use a bone to move a point - IMO the work involved in making the one-point one-bone rig you have is unnecessary -- you can just move the point(s) in the timeline as you wish.

You have the option to define "actions" -- so in your top level bone layer (Head11) you can define a "smart bone" (and name it e.g. "Snarl") and have that control points in both head shape and lower jaw vector layers.
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

138 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  4:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay I guess I need to start working more with smart bones.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page