Cartoon explaining financial guardianship
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Luthien
Starting Member

Netherlands
11 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2016 :  4:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luthien's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike and all,

I probably owe it to Mike's Swiss Army Bones Tool that this thing was finished at all! Without it I wouldn't have known how to make my characters walk with their feet actually ON the ground instead of slip-sliding over it. It was even more work than I thought it would be, but a good part of that was learning, learning and more learning. Most of all, how to work around limitations instead of wasting way too much time and becoming frustrated trying to resolve them.

The cartoon explains the concept of financial guardianship in a story about John, a bicycle mechanic. He's a fun guy and loves socializing, but he's not very good in keeping his finances lined up. This happens to many people. And just as a professor who doesn't have a clue how to fix his flat bicycle tire doesn't hesitate to go to a bike repair shop, people who really have a hard time wrapping their head around finances can ask a financial guardian to help them out.

I created the cartoon for an agency that specializes in this sort of services. They were looking for a way to explain the idea to prospective customers in a respectful but fun way - ie. not overly serious and formal. It should also be simple and straightforward given the wide range of the target audience, which could vary from people not unlike myself (I have a kind of a blind spot where it comes to finances) to persons with a slight learning disability or a psychiatric background.
It is a bit of an experiment for my client whether this form of communication / explaining things will work. That's what they are going to find out now with this cartoon!

I hope you'll like it. It's made entirely in AS11.
It's in Dutch but there are English subtitles where necessary.

Edited by - Luthien on 06/30/2016 4:14:28 PM

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2016 :  5:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice. I see you got that 3D driving down the street scene working.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2016 :  6:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like the general layout and camera work, and much of the animation is first rate (kept my interest although the subject matter was, to me, fairly boring). Really a good job overall and I hope your client appreciates it.

(I also liked how the judge decided to wallpaper in her robes -- yep, that makes a lot of sense :>).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page