New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1246 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2016 :  06:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any Poser users out there with stories to share (the good and the bad) about building and animating in Poser and importing the object and its animation into AS?

========
why I'm asking.. (skip this if you really don't care why! )

so far I've managed to write a short AS script to create and populate a proof-of-concept 3d layer (by which I mean a full 3d layer / mesh3D and not just a vector layer with the 3d option set). But I suddenly realised that there isn't a point3d class - so no (3d) point.fPos animation channel - there seems to be only a "Poser" animation channel - and since I didn't use Poser ... I can use bones to shift things around with the same ease / issues as any other rig but maybe Poser is a better option

and if you're really interested in the background to all this: whilst I can and do use the various layer positioning / rotation stuff in AS to create a 3d environment and/or draw backdrops to give the illusion of depth, I always seem to end up with tiny irritating mismatches at the joins - compounded when I find that the "right" viewpoint is not the one I designed for so have to do "too much" redrawing / position tweaking. And having a 3d mesh where points that should be joined are actually joined seemed like a good idea.

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4464 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2016 :  2:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can move 3D mesh points:

--move 3D mesh point
	local mesh = moho:Mesh3D()
	local vec = LM.Vector3:new_local()
	vec:Set(0, .5, 0)
	mesh:SetPoint(0, vec) --0 is pointID

But like you say, there's no channel to animate it. I tested this ages ago, and have meant to find a way to allow the user to select 3D points and manipulate them. At least on frame zero you could edit the 3D mesh.

And you can technically animate anything in AS. Just have to use the same trick I did to do animated shape sorting, where I repurpose a switch to hold the key values as strings (and a layerscript to use those values).

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1246 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  04:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes - I found (and used and was disappointed that there was no animation channel) for SetPoint ... It may be that the answer to my need is to the static stuff in 3d - which reduces the need to position 2d stuff.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page