Filter Forge 80% off 1 more day only
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  12:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, it's late on the 4th of July, and I've drank too much and am too sleepy to do this much justice, but I also just spent a bit of money that was well worth it and thought anyone who reads this in the next day ought to at least pay some attention.

Filter Forge is currently on sale for 80% off, which is really a steal. Everyone ought to at least buy the basic version (which is normally $150 and something like $30 tomorrow) but I bought the Pro version which normally is like $400, for $79.

Go to their site and you'll see more than I can tell you, but if you work with either images or need textures you need this program. I can already see it will come in hugely handy in converting animations to something truly spectacular (think of it kind of like the render options for artistic effects, but on steroids). That's one part of it, the filters. The other part is creating textures, which is probably more suited for 3D work (although I could see using some of them in 2D as well.

Look at the demo version (totally free to try for 30 days without restrictions) but do it soon, because if you want it you'll kick yourself for not buying it tomorrow (this is the absolute cheapest I've ever seen it -- sometimes you can get 15 percent off, but 80? That's ridiculous).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2015 :  09:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And it's back...

So I don't know how often this happens (when you have Filter Forge you tend to get on their site a lot to download some of the literally tens of thousands of filters for free, as well as the new ones created all the time) but today it's 80% off again, until tomorrow (it's 80% off tomorrow as well).

I've played with this a lot in the last two or three days and I can see almost anyone needing/wanting this. I thought I'd bring it up again because it's more of a weekday thing and thus there might be more of you who can check it out. For $29 (the version that doesn't allow you to create your own filters, although I'm not really sure that's a huge drawback given the ones that are available, that you can still alter with variations) it's really a no-brainer.

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page