Affinity Design?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

uncle808us
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2015 :  12:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit uncle808us's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi: Is anyone using Affinity Designer for their vector work? I am trying out the demo 10 day fully functioning.
And so far find it very useful. Itís £29.99 (App Store) https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/
Canít decide if I want this or I should stick with Inkscape (X-11 Quartz)I donít care for X-11 and AD loads a lot faster.
They AD also have an active forum. So Thatís my question.

MacBook Pro 15 in. OS X 10.9.5, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB Cheetah 3D, Gimp, Poser Pro 2012, Vue 7 Pro,Comic Life 3.

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2015 :  2:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried other vector apps for use with AS, but if that's what you're talking about (using something else and then importing the results to AS) then I suspect it won't be useful, as AS isn't very good at all at importing from the outside (besides of which, AS is probably the best vector animation drawing program anyway).

If you just mean in general (that is, to use for vector art but not for AS) then I have no opinion.

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2015 :  2:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you mean a program for use with AS (that is, creating artwork to import) then I doubt whether you could find anything better than AS itself (which is a pretty terrific vector program on its own, the most amazing animated vector program there is, and a real poor importer of vector art from elsewhere).

If you mean just using a program on its own to create vector art then I have no opinion.

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page