Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Animation
 Other Software
 Creature, Best 2D Tools, But How To Import?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iwansuryo
Starting Member

Indonesia
7 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  03:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit iwansuryo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have tried new little 2D Animation software, but equipped with very genius features. Its name is Creature. You can try it at

http://creature.kestrelmoon.com/

Now come the real problem. I want to lipsync my character in Anime Studio. But it seems that Anime Studio cannot import FBX file format.

I don't understand, why Anime Studio can import 3D file format, but cannot accept FBX file format? Creature is the best thing in 2D character animation, I have never seen before!

jahnocli

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  06:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand. If "Creature is the best thing in 2D character animation...", what do you need Anime Studio for?
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  07:19:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, and I don't see anything Creature does that Anime Studio can't do (and in most cases, do better). It looks a bit more cumbersome to use (of course, I'm familiar with AS so I may be prejudiced in that respect) and while it does offer FFD it doesn't have Smart Bones, which can do all of that and a whole lot more.

But Jahnocli makes the best point -- if Creature is the best thing, you certainly don't need AS. Perhaps you should be asking the Creature folks why they don't have lipsync, not why AS doesn't support FBX input.

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

splash

Germany
77 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  3:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a look at Creature the other day. It seemed to be OK for creating sprites. But for animation you also need audio, switch layers and something like Smart Bones doesn't hurt.
How do you do a head turn in Creature?

quote:
Originally posted by iwansuryo
I don't understand, why Anime Studio can import 3D file format, but cannot accept FBX file format? Creature is the best thing in 2D character animation, I have never seen before!

Maybe these links give a clue:
http://code.blender.org/2013/08/fbx-binary-file-format-specification

/http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mont29/Foundation/FBX_File_Structure

It seems that the guys at blender are reverse engineering the FBX format. Maybe Smith Micro doesn't invest effort in this.
Since AS is a 2d software I think SVG support is much more important.
And AS can be improved there, too: It ignores animations in SVG and you can't export SVG.

Edited by - splash on 06/08/2015 3:12:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page