Can you add a delete account option?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nabil

98 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  12:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm sorry to say this but ,
i need to delete my account with all it's topics ?, for many personal reasons.
but i'm really grateful for everyone who made this forum possible, it was an awesome experience i've been through !
thanks-

Edited by - Nabil on 05/16/2016 12:20:20 PM

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4464 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  12:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No forum allows you to delete all your posts/topics, for the reasons explained here: http://www.managingcommunities.com/2013/04/29/can-you-delete-all-of-my-posts-from-your-forums/

We can remove all information from your profile and lock the account, but removing posts leaves holes in the conversations of others, which is unfair to their contribution.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Nabil

98 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  12:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, i'll go with that , but if you can change my username to 'loursbourg' for privacy reasons, i'd appreciate it!
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4464 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  1:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Probably need to wait for Mike to make those changes.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Nabil

98 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  4:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hope you do this asap !
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  4:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, I cannot change anyone's username (even including myself). Just due to the way this forum is setup.

However, given that Nabil is a fairly common name I doubt whether it will cause you any privacy problems. And remember this: in this day and age, there is no way to really remove any trace of your activity, in almost any situation. Yes, you might delete something somewhere, but because there are backups everywhere (even Google backs up just about all web pages and you can visit old OLD things by just saying "view backup") I would always just assume that anything I write, create, or put out there will always exist (it's a two-edged sword -- you can also find old things you might thought were lost).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Nabil

98 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  4:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks,
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  4:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and just to finish this discussion -- if you want to still participate here but need another user name, that I *can* do (that's how I actually had to change mine when this first started, as the username I picked was not one I wanted but I couldn't change it).

Perhaps that would give you the privacy you want but still allow you to be part of this community. I don't make this a routine thing to do, so I'd rather folks not ask me for it, but at least it is something I can do.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Nabil

98 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  4:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you can do that once in a time, i hope you could give me the chance bro, if you can change it to "loursbourg" instead, i would appreciate it
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1246 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2016 :  06:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can always edit your user profile to remove what you might consider sensitive personal data. IIRC all you need to provide is a valid email - and you can change that!
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2016 :  07:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nabil,

To be clear, I can't change your username but I can add you as a new user with a different name. If that's what you want, just let me know and I'll be happy to do it, as we do value your participation here.

Just say the word and you'll have "loursbourg" as your new account (the password will be "welcome" but you should change it as soon as you login").

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Nabil

98 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2016 :  10:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you know what bro ? nevermind it, thanks for caring, i'll stay here, with this username, thanks alot guys, sorry ,
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2016 :  11:14:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's okay, we try and do what we can for our valuable members.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page