50 Post Rule
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6409 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  3:01:20 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to post this here on the off chance that folks won't see it elsewhere (although it's really their own fault if they don't).

The 50 post rule (allowing entry to the VIP section) is for the benefit of ALL of you here. Participation on any forum requires that the members ask and answer questions and provide information that is helpful to everyone. The reason we have the rule is to try and encourage DISCUSSIONS, which is not tweeting a single word back and forth to people (just in case some of you younger folks have forgotten what discussions are all about).

So just to be clear here, folks, there is no "automatic" promotion under the 50 post rule. The forum does not allow you access when you reach that number -- Wes or I have to do it manually. In other words, there are two possibilities here -- you may have LESS than 50 posts but because of the nature of your participation it's felt that you can be moved to the VIP section.

OTOH (and if you don't read this it's your own fault) you can easily have MORE than 50 posts and STILL not be promoted to VIP. Just posting "cool" or "looks good" onto some thread is NOT considered participation, and until and unless we feel you have contributed here you will not be granted entry into the VIP section.

It's simple -- while there are times when a one word response is valid, 9 times out of ten a true post will be at least a paragraph. Maybe it's a question you're having a problem with, or an answer to a CURRENT question (not a thread that's months old) but in any case the mods around here pay attention to who has done what.

So you can't "cheat" the forum members here in any manner -- and let's be clear. It's also cheating yourself. If you don't want to contribute there are plenty of other places you can go and lurk (heck, you can lurk here -- you just won't have access to that VIP section).

A word to the wise.

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4497 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  3:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage
Yes, after seeing the recent flurry of posting by a new member, I have to agree. This is spam posting to boost post count. It adds nothing to the discussions, and actually is disruptive to the forum, as it bumps a lot of old threads for no good reason and hides relevant new posts in a mountain of insubstantial ones.

If this behavior continues, of posting without substance just to boost post count, I would be apt to deduct from the user's post count and if it continues take more drastic action. Disrupting our forum members with such postings will not be tolerated for long.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page