Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  2:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to be clear here, folks, there is no "automatic" promotion under the 50 post rule. In other words, there are two possibilities here -- you may have LESS than 50 posts but because of the nature of your participation it's felt that you can be moved to the VIP section.

OTOH (and if you don't read this it's your own fault) you can easily have MORE than 50 posts and STILL not be promoted to VIP. Just posting "cool" or "looks good" onto some thread is NOT considered participation, and until and unless we feel you have contributed here you will not be granted entry into the VIP section.

It's simple -- while there are times when a one word response is valid, 9 times out of ten a true post will be at least a paragraph. Maybe it's a question you're having a problem with, or an answer to a CURRENT question (not a thread that's months old) but in any case the mods around here pay attention to who has done what.

A word to the wise.
Go to Top of Page

hothead

54 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  02:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats ture maybe thats the reason why AS is that fun to learn from anymore about 8 person is an the forum everyday cant see anyone to ask advise oh is vern here too
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  07:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying (in fact, I'm sure I don't). Is English not your primary language?
Go to Top of Page

hothead

54 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  08:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in short it best to be among person who love amine studio than with person who use it once per year
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  11:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh. Well, for the most part everyone who participates on these kinds of forums (either here or on Lost Marble) uses AS more than once a year. That doesn't mean that someone who only uses it occasionally isn't welcomed, though.

*Most* of the time I use AS at least once every day (but I have gone periods of a month or more without using it -- life is like that sometimes).
Go to Top of Page

hothead

54 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  3:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kelleytoons if admin is going to delete my post without saying anything or you cant post too aften you have to wait until someone else post are else your second will get deleted by admin that is that right wosrt without find out the problem. i will post post on lost marble forum (HOTHEAD) and for help
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  5:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are certainly free to post here for help (or to help others) -- have we deleted any of your posts that do either of these things? If so, we are deeply sorry and feel free to post again (however, I would suggest you make it very clear exactly what help you are looking for, or if you are helping someone, make it very clear the kind of help you are providing).
Go to Top of Page

hothead

54 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  8:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Kelleytoons! Someone here delete some of my post even a "L Shape tutorial video Link about walk cycle" he deleted. That is what really really piss me out after i search so hard for it. Am not calling any name here did you get the email i send you? That the person who delete them, but am good now
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  11:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, that "L Shape" post you made is still there, so I'm afraid I still don't know what you are talking about.
Go to Top of Page

sbtamu
Silver Member

920 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  12:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit sbtamu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kind of odd an old how to video I made is tossed into all this mess. It is nothing more than a technique Mike did and I just adjusted it to fit my needs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Go to Top of Page

sbtamu
Silver Member

920 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  12:35:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit sbtamu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I will post all my tutorials to the "members tutorials" section as soon as the holidays are over. I should have done that already, my bad.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  01:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hothead

Yes Kelleytoons! Someone here delete some of my post even a "L Shape tutorial video Link about walk cycle" he deleted. That is what really really piss me out after i search so hard for it. Am not calling any name here did you get the email i send you? That the person who delete them, but am good now

Nonsense. As I already told you, or if you'd bother to actually check instead of seeking reasons to live up to your namesake, I was fairly careful NOT to delete any posts that seemed useful, INCLUDING the one with that video link. http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animators/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=904&whichpage=1

My guess is that, using that moniker, you are the sort of person who routinely behaves in ways that are bound and determined to draw the sort of attention which allows you exercise and justify your modus operandi. Your history here and on the LM forum evidence this.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

mykylr
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  05:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand the principle of what I am reading here and I hope to be able to contribute but what can I contribute that has not already been said a thousand times before by others who have used AS Pro for years?

I have 2 sons under three years old that I look after during the day so I don't have that much time to contribute but anything that can make my life easier to complete my short animation would be extremely handy.

I went to a site that had a list of scripts (AimeStudioScripts.com) and all were missing. I hope they have not moved to that special scripting area on these forums as there were a few I thought would help speed up my production.

I have been coding in Lua for around 18 months now (mainly for games development) but with 5 releases on IOS platforms and pocket money coming in its time to concentrate on my kids and 2d animation.

One final thing. I have already learned in one evening on this forum lots of information I had no clue about within AS Pro. Excellent stuff.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Wena
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1050 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  05:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome mykylr, when I came to this forum I found that I could not contribute anything ether, but I asked questions that I personally needed to know the answer to them. Others answered me, I learn t very slowly, my questions enabled others to contribute to my development.

Now I am contributing as I answer your query.

You are contributing even when asking a question. I have answered three on the forum this morning (as it is in Wales). The folk hear are great, we help each other, now Mike or Synth have no need to respond to you as I have done it !!!!!

I am still a learner, but developing.

Wena

Edited by - Wena on 12/01/2011 05:53:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

jonbo

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  06:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey mykylr, the scripts on that site are still there, just checked. Most of those scripts can also be found on the lost marble forum. As Wena said, asking questions is also contributing to the forum. It might take a while, I'm still not there yet, but come here often and add your observations and opinions on any on going topic discusions ,and you'll get in the vip section before you know it. But as Mike said above, just make your posts relevent and not spammy like.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page