New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Funksmaname
Silver Member

660 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  4:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Funksmaname's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think we've reached agreement.
I'm not against toonboom in any way and have trialed it several times over the years - i really look forward to your reports on the new version!

re world domination, at least now you have the forum as a substitute... ;)

Edited by - Funksmaname on 09/09/2010 4:56:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  9:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Funksmaname

re world domination, at least now you have the forum as a substitute... ;)

Let's at least keep up the thinly veiled fiction that I'm in charge here <bg>.
Go to Top of Page

Breinmeester
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  09:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I've been directed here. Supposedly there's something I'm interested in hidden away in your VIP Scripting forums. I just learned about your 50 post rule and respect it.
Thing is I'm really interested in this script so I want to get to 50 as soon as possible. Please forgive me if some of my posts are just there to boost my postcount (this one being one of them).
I however do believe I have something to offer to this community.
Go to Top of Page

F.M.
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  11:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you expect to find behind the curtain?

New geezer with old memories.
Go to Top of Page

Breinmeester
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  11:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for a script to copy the keyframes of a layer's translation onto the position of a bone in another layer.

I'm also looking for a script that sets a keyframe on every or selected channels for either the current layer, the current layer and all layers further down the hierarchy or the whole document. I've seen Mike mention a script that does this.
I think it's an absolute must for any serious animator to be able to 'lock a pose' using a script like this.

Edited by - Breinmeester on 09/22/2010 11:37:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Funksmaname
Silver Member

660 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  4:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Funksmaname's Homepage  Reply with Quote
firstly, if you respect the rule then making posts about the fact that you're going to make posts purely to boost your post count is blatantly disrespecting our intelligence. The scripts you look for aren't in the VIP area so you can give that up now. Also, posting for requests multiple times and in obviously unrelated forum categories/threads(on both this and the AS forum) will do nothing but annoy people. Don't piggy back your requests on unrelated threads, it just makes a mess.

If you've seen Mike mention it, follow his thread and find it yourself. search. find. use some common sense instead of effectively spamming and waiting for a miracle.

why do you need to copy a layers translation to a bone position? and why automatically? maybe if you explain what you're trying to do there's a better solution...
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  4:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do have the copy layers translation onto a bones (it's useful for positioning bones by using layer commands and is much easier than moving them around separately sometimes) but as F noted it ain't in the VIP scripting section (although for the life of me I'm not exactly sure where it is right now. I'll try a search and see if I can find it here but I'd recommend you post separately a request for it).

And as F explained it isn't very polite just to try and bump your post count up for ANY reason. And counter-productive in this case since invite into the VIP club is manually done only (and so it's not nice to make me mad <bg>. No, just kidding, but there's no real need to try and artificially do it. It will come when it will come).
Go to Top of Page

Breinmeester
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  05:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on people! I make ONE post being totally honest, telling what I'm here for because I was redirected by someone, but also mentioning I think I've enough to offer in return. No need to flame me for that. I thought you were building a community here. This doesn't make one feel welcome. The only reason I posted what I am looking for in this thread is because I was asked to explain by F.M.

Anyway, I'd like to be a full member of this community if you'll let me. My intentions are good.
Go to Top of Page

Wena
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1050 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  05:14:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't take it to heart Breinmeester as a community we do attempt to work together. I think this forum has sufficient expertise to offer even the expertise like your self. there is such a lot of members that the breadth is very wide, even for a novice like me.

You are welcome to this forum I am sure, I am looking forward to your contributions.

Wena
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  07:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, what Wena said <g>.

Hey, don't worry, we weren't jumping on you. I *love* the idea that you actually think a script I wrote could be useful to you (when I write scripts they are so "me-centric" that it's a big bonus if anyone else can use them). We're all friends here, and do want your participation.

And do remember to start a new thread about the script you want to get me off my lazy behind and actually find it... unless Wes does it for me (I LOVE Wes and his youthful energy).
Go to Top of Page

Breinmeester
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  08:38:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all good. I read Funksmaname's comment in the other thread.
I understand it can be annoying if new members just come here to leech off of the community. No hard feelings.
Go to Top of Page

Wena
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1050 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  09:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally don't that it's 'leech off of the community'$$ we are hear to help each other. I am such a dum dum I need to be nursed along and the truth is I get it on this forum.

I say again, Welcome.

Wena
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4464 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  6:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.kelleytown.com/freeware/mk_inherit_transforms_6.zip
Found in this thread: http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animators/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=215&SearchTerms=mk_inherit_transforms_6.zip

Here's that layer transform to bones script that Mike (Kelleytoons) wrote. Sorry I didn't find it for you earlier. I've been busy enough recently to seriously test my "youthful energy" (I honestly never knew I had any).
Go to Top of Page

Funksmaname
Silver Member

660 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  7:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Funksmaname's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hehe - Breinmeester - didn't mean to jump down your throad but alarm bells ring when i see the exact same thread copy/pasted into unrelated posts on the other forum and then again here it was the camel that broke the straws back... i understand it was innocent, just know that we probably all check all new threads in all sections, so double+ posting will do nothing for your cause :) See you around the forums!

Go to Top of Page

kronos777

Argentina
63 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  10:33:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with the rules of 50 post, is an interesting way to participate in the forum
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page