Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6409 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  06:12:53 AM  Show Profile
Folks,

I want to try and clarify exactly why we are here when there is another, far more established and "official" forum for Anime Studio.

There's a story about a couple who rush to the train station and when they arrive they find an employee sitting at the ticket booth and breathlessly ask him if the 5:15 train is on time. "Yep" he says. Minutes pass. More time passes and finally, after an hour, the young man says to the employee "I thought you said the train was on time!" at which point he turns to him and says "Son, I ain't paid to sit here and knock the railroad."

The folks who run the LM site are exactly like that employee -- and yet sometimes the "railroad" needs an occasional knock. No piece of software is perfect, and the imperfections are often the things that people need to talk about the most. Up until a few months ago this was allowed at the LM site, and then it wasn't, and in that stand a lot of us who love Anime Studio realized it was not a place we could frequent anymore.

I don't blame those in charge at LM for the stand they took -- and I hope they don't see us as "bad" just because we have a different viewpoint. I actually think it benefits Anime Studio more to have an honest discussion on what is wrong with it, particularly for those new to the product. If long time users can't point out the blemishes to you on your first exposure to the product you may well feel that it's just you, and move on elsewhere.

So in addition to offering things like scripts and tutorials that aren't available elsewhere, and for offering these things which you have to pay for elsewhere, we also offer a forum where people can freely discuss some of the negatives about Anime Studio, and how to overcome them. That alone makes this a valuable place to visit.

We don't see this as exclusive to that other forum -- we're not competitors, there are no ads here, we aren't out to make any money. We're spending our own time and money to help others enjoy the best software out there. I think you *should* be a member of the LM forum, and should visit there as often as you visit here -- no reason not to (unless your time is limited, in which case this will be the place you want to come :>)

We're going, as Howard Cosell once said, to tell it like it is. Some folks may not like that, but others will see this as the value it is to the Anime Studio community. We hope it will be you.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page