Conversation Pit
 I have been gone awhile.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

werew0lfgirl_99

180 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2018 :  11:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been gone awhile due to a new job and a few family members passing away. My grandma went last week and then I put down my dog Ginger (she was very old and had bone cancer). Trying to get myself back on track. I am thinking about possibly moving away from dog grooming and going back to working on websites/youtube/film over the next few years. It will take some time to prepare financially since I moved so far away from it. I need to pay off my debt first. Over the past few years I have found it hard to really concentrate on anything longterm other than just getting through my day.

Ahroo
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2018 :  12:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry for your losses. I know just how you feel: a couple of years ago, I lost one beloved cat after a very long illness, then 2 weeks later another cat, and then 2 weeks after that, my mother. The strain of all that worry and grief, along with the stress of a new job, can really take its toll. But you'll get through it. Just take one day at a time and believe in yourself and tap into your inner strength.
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

180 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2018 :  7:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that with your cats and mother.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6446 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2018 :  7:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Losing family members (and pets fall into that category) is always stressful. Try and find the things that give you joy, and hopefully that joy will also lead you to a career. I did something I loved for many years (until it became less love and more political) and that is ideal. Not sure if websites and YouTube are all that profitable but I'm an old guy and don't understand or know the current scene. But always make sure you have employment -- being out of work is one of the more stressful things in life (up there with the loss of family members).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

180 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2018 :  12:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I won't leave unless I was having success elsewhere. Being stable is so important.

My new job has been a little bit of a rough change. I am very happy to have moved away from my past workplace with that really bad manger (things are still bad there), however I feel out of place at my new job. It basically feels like I went from being an adult at my job to a young child. One person thinks I need to completely relearn how to groom dogs. She has helpful techniques but seems to usually tell me on a busy day. Also having some problems with the making the clients happy. I had 2 people want different lengths on their haircuts but not let me know during checkout so I could correct it. One person tell me something was wrong a few days after the groom with the dog's privates and she stopped eating they brought the dog back up we saw it it didn't look like anything and the manager said the dog may be in heat for the first time. The dog was suppose to see a vet just to make sure but no one ever got back to me to tell me everything checked out. Then another dog called up and said I cut the dog's ear. There is no way I cut that dog's ear. I even way able to pull up the moments pictures and show everyone the dogs ears. However I am still waiting to hear back on what the vet said, although I did not cut the ear but could have unknowingly caused some type of irritation. Lastly I nicked a mole on a dog and had to inform a manager which happens but it still isn't good. This was the only thing so far that was actually my fault. Also one dog was dragging its bottom across the ground during check out. This usually means the anal glands need to be express but I had already done them as part of the grooming process. It can also mean the dog has worms but I never tell customers that because we aren't suppose to act like vets. Instead just made the owner wait and let a manager know just in case there was any problem. With so many things that happened in such a short time frame I wouldn't be surprised to be fired. It is frustrating though considering how few incidents like this I had at my past job. However the new job only knows me from the events at their store. They don't know that I am not one to hide things or the kind of groomer who blames the dog for moving or bad luck for their mistakes. However right now I feel very out of control of these situations expect for the one about the mole which was completely my fault as I let them know.
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1313 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2018 :  05:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome back! I'll add my condolences for your losses - but I'm sure you'll get through this difficult time. Looking forward to seeing some more of your work when you get the muse / time!
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

180 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2018 :  09:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
: )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page