New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sbtamu
Silver Member

925 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  6:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit sbtamu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got your heater on Wes? I finally had to turn mine on last night.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4506 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  7:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, it's been chilly enough for heaters here for quite a while. Just recently got seriously cold though.

Sometimes I envy those who live further south...until summer.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

sbtamu
Silver Member

925 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  8:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit sbtamu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OMG, after I posted this thread I went to the store and did back flop on the side walk leading to the drive way. It seems the ice on the roof melted and refroze on the sidewalk.

Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4506 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  8:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We got a little snow a day or two before Christmas, but we haven't had any ice yet. Cold enough, just not enough moisture.

Maybe I spoke to soon on the envy. ;)

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6435 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  07:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's cold here -- last night was 38 -- and now they are even saying that snow *might* be possible Wednesday (although I'll believe that when I see it). No question it won't stick to the ground, however (the ground is far from freezing).

And next Monday is supposed to be in the 70's, so, ya know, all relative.

(I don't mind the summers here at all, Wes, but as you get older the heat bothers you less and less -- sometimes I even think I should have moved further south).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4506 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  11:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've had about a week of highs in the 20's (lows in the single digits), but it looks like it may be warming into the high 50's by Sunday...just in time to keep incoming rain from turning nasty. Not that I mind. I cut my driving teeth on sheets of ice, delivering pizza. And I don't mind plowing the snow in the fast lane, since that keeps all the timid traffic out of my way.

I don't think I ever saw snow the five years (all told) I was in Florida. Although only about a year of that was any further north than about Port St Lucie.

I have trouble enough with the summers here, Mike.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

180 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  11:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeing some snow would be kind of cool! I am on the outskirts of Orlando and heard that on the radio today. Just have take care of the plants and animals.
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1301 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  05:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we're tucked away in the SE corner of England, with a (small) ridge of hills to keep the worst of the cold, wet (northerly) Arctic winds at bay and plenty of land to take the rain hit first between us and the warm and wet (westerly) Atlantic winds. Snow is pretty unusual here but when it comes the place grinds to a halt with about half an inch.. and when it does snow, the temperature can hover around freezing - just above by day to melt and just below by night to freeze, so the rural lanes (i.e. all the roads near home!) turn into skating rinks because they don't get gritted or salted. We've had 2-3 days like that this winter, but right now with the Atlantic winds in full force we're getting 40 mph wind gusts (that's really high for here!) and 50F by day (40-ish by night) [that hurt the brain to convert from Celsius!]
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4506 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  10:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayasidist

[that hurt the brain to convert from Celsius!]

But much appreciated. Otherwise many of us would have assumed you lived in the Arctic.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

uncle808us
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2018 :  12:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit uncle808us's Homepage  Reply with Quote
17*F here Annapolis MD USA. Snow 2" last night strong wind today.

Anime Studio Pro Ver.11.2.1
MacBook Pro OS X 10.11.6,
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6435 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2018 :  12:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, so all this talk of cold (and all this cold -- for much of the early morning our pool pump came on due to freeze protection, as the temps were 30-31) I have decided it's time for an animation.

Going out to tennis in an hour or so, but when I get back this evening I'll put something together (while I'm playing I have to think of something challenging. Hmmmm).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6435 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2018 :  8:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, played tennis (great), came home and put the stuff around bushes (freeze protection -- hard freeze warnings tonight), ate dinner, and made a little animation. This took me a total of about 10 minutes (most of the time was trying to get the timing right on the Snowman freezing).

You *know* it's cold when your snowman freezes up -- and this is what it feels like in Florida tonight <g>.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVjdwt1m9s&feature=youtu.be

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

uncle808us
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  07:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit uncle808us's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's even colder here now that it snowed:

Anime Studio Pro Ver.11.2.1
MacBook Pro OS X 10.11.6,
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6435 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  08:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's just crazy -- I'm cold looking at those numbers!

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

sbtamu
Silver Member

925 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2018 :  8:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit sbtamu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Freezing snowman LOL.

Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1301 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  06:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm ... the first day of meteorologist's "Spring" and winter hits hard in the UK.. we've had about a week of below freezing temperatures so far; and today into tomorrow the whole of the UK will be more or less closed down. We got down to about 20F (-7C) where I am [yeah - not cold by New England standards - I "fondly" recall, when waiting for the morning commuter train into Manhattan, the definition of "cold" as being below 0F (-18C)]; and our transport-paralysing 15 cm (6") of snow pales into insignificance compared to the feet of snow that routinely got ploughed off the roads there. But great fun for our 4yo who (with a bit of help from mum and dad!) built a snowman about as tall as he is... but unpleasant for hunter-gatherer dad who had to brave the icy byways and the crowds at the supermarket to stock up for the siege.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page