Problems, Solutions, and General Discussion
 Simply Can Not Sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

werew0lfgirl_99

180 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  12:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't seem to go to bed tonight, but I can't seem to relax either.

I am in Florida like a few of you. I have worked at Petco in the grooming department for about 3 years. I am not the best groomer, but I am careful and blend in fairly well. Our grooming salon is the best in the district. I have been through 2 store managers but our newest store manager is completely power hungry and seems to like making people quit. He says we (the whole grooming salon) are not allowed to work overtime and must ask ahead of time. If we do go overtime without being granted permission we are written up. Reasons like phone calls and walk in nail trims (that we have to take) are not good enough. We are being force to work off the clock and through our launch breaks and clean up after we clock out. Two of my co-workers have been written up despite trying their best not to work overtime (less than 2 hours) and working part of the time off the clock. I want to turn this in to HR, but I don't my co-workers are NOT willing to do the same thing. I am probably leaving. It is not about getting paid the hours I should. It's about being forced into grooming dogs off the clock because its a risky if they or you could get hurt while you are clock out. What is this Store Manager going do, blame us the employees. Also with enough write ups he could fire us and deny us unemployment.

Sorry I just had to post this somewhere to prove it's happening.

Anyway while I am up and nerve-wrecked. Does anyone know of any artist books or tutorials that show how to draw short curly men's hairstlyes from different angles? Like a comic book or anime style. I see a lot of female hairstyles, but not a lot of guys with short curly styles. I am having a hard time understanding how to animate somewhat detailed hair.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 11/21/2017 12:32:13 AM

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6446 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  07:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about your troubles -- some folks are just mean spirited and make worklife unnecessarily hard. I had a former boss like that and it was agony (I couldn't leave as I was too close to retirement, so I toughed it out). My own advice is NOT to quit -- find another job (employers always prefer hiring folks who are already employed. They like "stealing" you away). And while you are looking, don't bad mouth your employer -- tell your potential one you need to work MORE hours, or want a better chance at advancement, or whatever -- lie about it. Again, employers don't want employees who bad mouth them, so you will find a job much easier that way. Then when you have your new employment you can go in and tell that @#$%!@ off (and enjoy it).

Meanwhile, for men's hair it's tough -- I'm having the same issues in 3D. At least I can find examples of men's hair (although it's hard) but perhaps a Google with "men's curly hair illustrations" or "men's curly hair comic" will work.

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  08:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey WWG. hope you sort your workplace dilemma!

Hair - plenty out there on drawing if you google something like "how to draw male curly hair".

Animating hair -- plenty of options. This is a useful starter - https://ambanimation.com/ambaa/animate-hair-blowing-2d-animation-tutorial/ - it's done fbf but in Moho the principle would be to use bones to do the key poses as, e.g., a set of four keys as in a classic "walk-type" cycle: bent left, straight, bent right, straight -- then loop (and Moho will do the tweening for you). You could consider particle layers to make replicating the strands easier with a "few" variants on the loop

hth
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

180 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  03:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the kind words. I went out and looked at other Petcos as I will probably transfer. There are surprisingly many options but it will be further away. I am sad to leave my co-workers behind but out of the 6 of us 2 are already on their way out of the salon. First girl is transferring for personal reasons, the other was basically kick out for reasons that are understandable but unfortunate. I will probably stay for another 2 months and than leave. For my safety though I am going write a vague report to HR anonymously because I revealed I am keeping my true hours in a notebook to my grooming co-workers but they are not interested in doing the same. If word gets out that I said something I will be on the store manager's radar. I will probably write something like anonymously to the Petco Hotline like: "My store manager is making me and some of my co-workers do something against Petco Policy/US Law. I do not feel comfortable revealing my identity or what is wrong because I do not want to loose my job. However if things get worse I am documenting the events and will come forward. " I will also probably send emails about the events to myself weekly so I can show my district manager proof that I did not make this stuff up the day of, if I get into any sort of major trouble. I know my store manager tries to blame others.

Anyway with all of this, I feel like a vague report and a transfer is the best way to avoid major trouble. Of coarse there are no sure ways though this. I am sure everyone would probably feel doing something different is best.

Also thank you for the suggestions on the hair. I will probably play with it tomorrow.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 11/23/2017 03:41:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4535 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  9:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You might open a new email account just so you can get feedback from HR and provide them any further info anonymously. They might ask for that weekly info you are keeping track of.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

180 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2017 :  11:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went ahead a did vague repot on HR. It allows for you to leave the store anonymous too so I am going add the real details to another report later today. That way if this guy tries to blame us for what he is doing to us, I have a pre-dated detailed report. In the meantime I will just try to deal with it, look at my options, and build a portfolio . If things are still bad in February I am out. I mostly just need to work through the busy season because I need that higher paycheck. If I transfer before hand I may not get it. Anyway at least I have protected myself a little, instead of burying my head in the sand like my co-workers.
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

180 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2017 :  11:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well here is my progress of the head turn. It still has a lot of issues but I am working on it.

https://youtu.be/TpgORADQW2c
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hupu09nya6411l7/Owen_Grady_1026.zip

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 11/26/2017 11:54:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page