Problems, Solutions, and General Discussion
 Sellling Your Creations on Content Paradise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  1:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to sell my velociraptor rig on content paradise once it is finished. It will include a walk cycle, head movements, and hopefully more than one angle. My question is do you get to chose how much you want to make off of it. I would imagine that the rigs on content paradise for anime studio/moho don't sell that often. If I am selling it I would prefer to sell it for a higher price so when that one individual purchases it I will make a little off of it.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 10/04/2017 1:51:48 PM

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  2:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm sure you can set your own price on Content Paradise. And yeah, due to the lack of market, I would tend to price stuff higher too. But you have to keep in mind all the cheap and free competition...so the quality really has top be there. More than one angle should help.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  3:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I accomplish 3 different views front, 3/4, side I would probably sell it for at least $50. In a way, I don't care if it never sells, but if it does I would like to have $40-$50 in my pocket. The way I look at it is that I had to build this rig for my own unique project. I wouldn't want to make a small $2-$5 off a one time sell and having someone else having a raptor that looks like the ones in my series. If I get $50 off selling one than I don't care seeing another one around.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 10/04/2017 3:52:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

neeters_guy
Silver Member

506 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  2:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit neeters_guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've not had much luck myself becoming a seller at Content Paradise. But that was years ago; maybe it's better now. I'd be curious to hear your experiences.

----
http://neetersguy.tumblr.com/

Edited by - neeters_guy on 10/05/2017 2:01:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  7:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neeters_guy

I've not had much luck myself becoming a seller at Content Paradise. But that was years ago; maybe it's better now. I'd be curious to hear your experiences.

----

I think it is a pretty slow market. I would think the market for 3-D would be a lot better than that for 2-D.

Out of curiosity what kinds of items did you sell and for how much. Did you make a few hundred or just few bucks? Honestly I would think the market would be worst now days.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 10/05/2017 7:13:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  9:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do know when I was looking for characters myself I was disappointed in the lack of angles offered. I know I really felt a character pack so offer a front, side, 3/4, top, bottom view, and the in-betweens and head turns and lip sync. The styles I was interested in anime or more like a comic style. I also wanted more hair styles for each character. Anyway I expected/wanted a lot. I was expecting character rigs that were like playing a game from doll divine. lol
Go to Top of Page

neeters_guy
Silver Member

506 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2017 :  2:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit neeters_guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by werew0lfgirl_99

quote:

----

I think it is a pretty slow market. I would think the market for 3-D would be a lot better than that for 2-D.

Out of curiosity what kinds of items did you sell and for how much. Did you make a few hundred or just few bucks? Honestly I would think the market would be worst now days.

My problem was that they wouldn't accept new sellers at the time I applied. It hasn't changed in years and I eventually stopped checking.

But, yeah, I agree, 3D (ie., Poser content) is going to do dominate. For ASP/Moho content, is the market bad because of lack of content or lack of demand? It's hard to say.

If you're interested in learning more about CP, the seller David Knight (DK) has posted extensively on the subject on the Lostmarble forum. I'll see if I can cobble up some links.

----
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  8:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by werew0lfgirl_99

quote:

----

Oh thats not good, hopefully it has changed. :(

My problem was that they wouldn't accept new sellers at the time I applied. It hasn't changed in years and I eventually stopped checking.

But, yeah, I agree, 3D (ie., Poser content) is going to do dominate. For ASP/Moho content, is the market bad because of lack of content or lack of demand? It's hard to say.

If you're interested in learning more about CP, the seller David Knight (DK) has posted extensively on the subject on the Lostmarble forum. I'll see if I can cobble up some links.

----

Go to Top of Page

neeters_guy
Silver Member

506 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2017 :  2:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit neeters_guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

These are some interesting discussions about CP:

Options for stock objects
Content Paradise information

On page 4 of the latter link, DK talks about his revenue from CP. It's very sobering. If you want to get your work out there, it can't hurt to put it on CP, but don't expect much.

----
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page