Animating Still Photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toshiyori

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  11:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have AS Pro 11, I want to animate still photos. I have tried importing an image, then >"Draw" > "Trace Image" and can only move the lines using "Transform Points Tool" this in in a "Vector Layer" but I cannot figure how to do any animating.

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2017 :  11:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moho 12 has a special mesh for animating photos which AS Pro 11 does not.

I myself have never upgraded and I still have AS Pro 11. I haven't really played with still pictures a lot. I have found that I can move pictures by playing with the bone strength. I tried the "Trace Image" method to try to understand your question better but the program crashes each time I have tries.

These are 2 very rough picture based animations I did. I did them by breaking the pictures apart in photoshop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toFCwfsS9ao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIsGDTEKvg

Are you trying to do something similar or different? Is it a character or object/background?
Sharing work files is also pretty helpful. I feel kind of like I am trying to help you blindfolded. lol. Anyway, I am still pretty new to the program myself. I understand though if its a super secret project that can't be shared.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 09/29/2017 11:21:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  08:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been able to cut out sections of a still photo, arms as an example, reduce the original to no arms, apply arms to reduced original in AS Pro 11 as images, with bone layer, main bone through torso then to arms animation is possible.
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  11:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone else on here may have a better suggestion than me, but this is what I would do. I am going to assume this is a regular photo of a full body person and you want to completely animate that person meaning you want to be able to move their head, neck, body, left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg.
This is the kind of photo I think you have:

Do you have photoshop?
This is going take forever to do but I would suggest breaking the photo apart in photoshop into the following layers: "Background," "Head," "Neck and Body," "Upper Left Arm," Lower Left Arm," "Left Hand," "Upper Right Arm," Lower Right Arm," "Right Hand," "Upper Left Leg," Lower Left Leg," "Left Foot," "Upper Right Leg," Lower Right Leg," "Right Foot".
Save as photoshop file.
Create Project in AS11.
Import Image. Choose Import Layers Individually.
Make two folders labeled "My Character" and "Background". Put the Background Layer in the "Background" folder. Put all the other layers in the "My Character" Folder.

Convert the "My Character" Folder to a Bone.

Create bones for you rig. Layer Bind the Bone to the the right layer and reduce the bone strength to 0. Do Not Layer Bind or Reduce the Bone Strength to 0 of the bones intended for the "Neck and Body" layer like you do with the other layers. Instead let the bone strength of this set of bones control this area.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 10/04/2017 11:27:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  11:59:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same as I do except i use "Pixelmator" cost a fraction of "Photoshop". The only problem with this method is the joining the parts allowing overlap for bones. I over cut the object into an arc coloring the over cut to the same color as the object cutout (If Necessary). Then when joining parts there is a overlap of the bone. For example: place the arm under the torso so the overlap will not show, or, mark the eggs of the arc and delete the arc using "H" on Mac.
Im going to copy your picture and try animating it I'll let you know what success I have.
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  12:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think animating that picture may be a little bit of a waste of time vs using the picture that you actually want to animate. Would you mind sharing a project file or is it a secret project? If it is a secret kind of project that you don't want anyone to steal I understand and I will do an example file for you. Is the picture I used as an example close to the kind of picture your trying to animate? If not send me another random online picture that is close.
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  1:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay here is a very rough sample file and video. Maybe they will help you.

Be careful when downloading this file. Click only the green download button the rest are ad spams.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1azx1sjfc582iop/Girl_Stretching_yq.zip

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 10/04/2017 1:33:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  05:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting "video not available" when I try to view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCy9KThkKoM
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  08:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ops, should be viewable now. It is just a few rough frames.
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  7:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi toshiyori,
How is it going? Have you had any luck with your image animation?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page