Problems, Solutions, and General Discussion
 Anyone making Any new Animations?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

werew0lfgirl_99

139 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  02:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just curious. Has anyone made any new animations? Seems like everyone is always busy helping us noobs, but do you work on your own animations in the meantime.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 07/21/2017 02:41:04 AM

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  06:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the day job involves animations which I can't post here (and which are just not entertaining or interesting enough to show out of their context). But I do post a few try-outs / examples in between (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNm0P0Lqb_SreS5uZ7sLiGw ) and I traditionally aim for an animated Christmas video -- I usually start work on that around September.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  07:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I've been working in a whole different medium, 3D (which was my first love). While Moho will always have a special place in my heart, I'm almost completely overwhelmed by how much fun 3D is nowadays.

I don't post here because I'd like to keep this forum more for Moho (although if traffic continues to ebb I may rethink the purpose of this forum -- I just spent some $$ for another year of it, and perhaps it will evolve into more of a complete animation forum including 3D).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  08:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons

... I may rethink the purpose of this forum -- I just spent some $$ for another year of it, and perhaps it will evolve into more of a complete animation forum including 3D).

I'm guessing (hoping!) that adding some new subtopics is not that hard .. and I'd be absolutely FOR gaining more insight into other disciplines... at the time I started out with moho / AS (it was ASD6) I did so because I was sick to tears with doing and seeing Powerpoint -- and I wanted something that I could integrate into my day job presentations that would give them an added sparkle.

I decided against 3d at that time because PPT was / is essentially flat, but things have moved on. I've had a flirt with Sketchup, but never really got into it because of issues (likely of my own ignorance) of integrating its output with - well - anything.

So yeah Mike - please bring it on... even if its "only" an expansion of "other software"
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  10:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, we could drop "The Unofficial Anime Studio Forum" which is outdated anyway...most references should probably say Moho now.

Then we could add a 3D section, or even a specific software (like iClone) if that's desired. Anything to make the forum worth the expense is a good thing.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  12:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Paul and Wes, I'm glad you are both open to this.

I'd like to experiment with it, if nothing more than because my own interests are veering offward. There is a VERY good official iClone forum, so I wouldn't be looking to duplicate that in any way shape or form, but it's pretty narrowly focused on the technical help side. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd be more interested in the artistic and philosophical aspects of doing things in 3D.

Not only that, but this Siggraph ought to bring some MAJOR announcements with iClone, making it a big player in the industry. It's just reached the point where I think it's a viable way of doing things that, in the past, required so many days/weeks/months of time it wasn't worth it to me. The speed now of creating an animation makes it very much on par with what can be done in Moho.

Let me ruminate on this some more and perhaps I'll float a topic here asking for subtopic suggestions (you two would certainly be the most listened to voices in this regard).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

139 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  2:19:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is very interesting to know what everyone has been up to. I saw what everyone wrote but I didn't get a chance to respond. We have been dealing with moving into a new house, transferring the Internet, and my sister visiting so I got a little caught up so sorry for the late response.

I like the Happy Ethiopian New Year and Little Boy Blew. I have also learned a bit from Kellytoons hand tutorial for my raptor. I didn't think of knuckles. It be fine for the forum to move on to other animation subjects. I don't know anything about 3D, its not really something I ever see myself learning but I do plan on using other animation programs, mainly Crazy Talk 3, when I get the time.

Today though it is time for mowing the yard before I get a citation from the county. We hired someone but just lost out on money and I am still stuck doing half the work with one little mower and a little less than half of our acre to mow. Go figure. I told my mom we should have spent the money on yard plastic and rocks and have grassless yard.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 08/01/2017 2:44:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2017 :  07:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by werew0lfgirl_99

... I like the Happy Ethiopian New Year and Little Boy Blew. ...

thanks! LBB was largely an experimental piece designed to push AS(9) to the limits on scale and 3d. It's all in one file - all the objects are placed in a 3d setting and drawn "to scale" (so the mountains are huge but at a large z; the teardrop is really very very tiny); and the movement is all camera - with attendant rotations of things such as the trees and (to a limited extent) the boy. The boy is done in about 10 or so different rigs (we didn't have dynamic reparenting back then) to manage the various grip / placement of the recorder.

more about it here if you're interested (wow! 4 years ago!!). http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animators/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2177
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

139 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2017 :  10:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That must have been very hard to accomplish and time consuming on the older version of program! I have been pretty happy with 11. I may upgrade later when it is cheaper.
Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2017 :  5:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm animating on a course run by 2DAnimation101 called "The Rogue Animator". At present it's all bits and pieces, but when I cam show something I will!
Go to Top of Page

neeters_guy
Silver Member

504 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  11:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit neeters_guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see your results. That's the course offered by Mark Diaz? How do you like it so far?

----
http://neetersguy.tumblr.com/
Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  2:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the one. I'm getting a lot out of it. The guy is very knowledgeable and attentive, and he has an engaging tutorial manner. The course is in two parts; first he goes through a short animation clip he designed and produced, then you have to produce your version of it, and then he will help you produce your own short animation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page