Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

toshiyori

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  5:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have put the file in a "Zipped' folder ! I cannot locate anywhere in this reply document for an attachment !
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  04:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you need an account on a file sharing site - there are plenty of free sites around. find one you like and set up an account -- I use mediafire - not everyone likes it but it's not given me problems either to upload my files or download other peoples'.

then upload your file there, and get the link to share it and put the link in your message.

Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

160 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  01:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also like Mediafire, but others sometimes don't like it .

I am curious are you using Moho or Anime Studio Pro 11? I am in Anime Studio Pro 11 and created a smart bone named Blink and with two separate actions. The Actions Box came up. Under the All Tab I had "---Mainline---", "Blink", "Blink 2"

I double clicked "Blink" and created a closing eye no problem. The Bone on The Smart Dial moved on its own as I scrolled along the time line making the keyframes I needed. It moved from pointing up to pointing left. When I double clicked the "---Mainline---" and returned to the normal timeline when I move the bone with the 'Manipulate Bone' tool it all worked fine.

However when I click on "Blink 2" and did the same thing. The bone on the smart dial Did NOT Moved on its own as I scrolled along the timeline making the keyframes I needed. It stayed pointing up the whole time. When I double clicked the "---Mainline---" and returned to the normal timeline and moved my bone from up to the right it did nothing. However when I moved to the left it still did the smart bone action that I previously set up just fine.
After a good 20 minutes I finally figure out how to fix the problem for the "Blink 2". I double click the "Blink 2" action again. All my keyframes were still there. I scrolled onto my last keyframe and manually used the 'Transform Bone' tool to move the bone to point right. Now with I scrolled along the time line the bone moved from up to right with it. eft. When I double clicked the "---Mainline---" and returned to the normal timeline when I move with the' Manipulate Bone' tool the bone it all worked fine for both actions.

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 07/21/2017 02:28:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  06:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
those two actions are most likely because you used Make SB Dial and selected "separate actions for positive and negative" angles. I've noticed an issue with that if you had the SB parented and then broke the parenting / moved the SB ... the controlling bone rotation keys are not set "sensibly". If this happens, it's best to do a manual reset of the bone initial angle (to 90) and the start and end keys in the actions 90-180 and 90-0 if you've used the default Make SB settings.
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  10:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still can't get a head turn ! Following is the sequence I am using:
> Head layer
> Bone Layer
> Head Layer into bone layer
Head layer
> create Head ( Face, Eyes, Pupils, Nose Mouth)
> Bone Layer
> Add Bone
> Bone @ Screen Left
> Name
> Action
> Smart Bones
> Nane
> Rotate Control Bone
This is where I get into trouble, the entire head rotates with the control bone !
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  12:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
change the control bone strength to zero (Bone Strength tool - default shortcut S -- click the bone, slide the mouse left or enter "0" in the input box).
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  5:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After I have moved the facial figures to the left and go to the bone layer moving the control bone does nothing. on the timeline the curser is on 1, moving it back ti 0 the figure goes back to full front, returning to 1 the character again moves back to the left.
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2017 :  05:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
assuming you have created an empty action (i.e. your steps above except the last "rotate control bone")

in the action (timeline window is blue)
1: select the bone layer go to (say) frame 100 and rotate the control (Smart) bone by (say) +90 degrees
2: select the facial features, go to frame 100 and move them (points or layer(s) - doesn't matter -- it depends on how you've designed your character)

in the action window select mainline (timeline window becomes default colour)
go to frame 30 (or whatever)
rotate the smart bone by +90 degrees

voila!
Go to Top of Page

toshiyori

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2017 :  09:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hayasidist, thanks for the above sequence, I now can turn the head anywhere on the timeline.
Now, Im going to start studying how to do a "Body Turn" I see tutorials regarding this as: "Actions". Can you recommend a specific tutorial for this ?
Thanks again hayasidist your sequence was a great help !
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  1:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toshiyori

... Im going to start studying how to do a "Body Turn" I see tutorials regarding this as: "Actions". Can you recommend a specific tutorial for this ?

try this as a starting point - or just do a search for "body turn" here or the other forum http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animators/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3309
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page