Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2017 :  5:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did I miss it, or did you ever tell us whether you had a dedicated graphics card?

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2017 :  7:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He said no -- onboard Intel.

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2017 :  7:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh...yeah, I wouldn't expect much from that.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2017 :  8:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it was one of the things I learned recently when I purchased a new laptop (a really nice Dell but onboard video only).

I ended up returning it and going with an MSI with high end NVidia card that's actually better than my desktop. Runs 3D programs really well (and, of course, Moho a treat).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Iheyd

Canada
206 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  6:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so it doesnt matter if i have all the otehr stuff like 16gb of ram and other specs. it will still run like ****?

because before i had an imac 2011 and it ran fine. (other than when i had to many assests in one shot, it started to slow down.)

and now i have a 2015 imac
-Steve

Edited by - Iheyd on 05/30/2017 6:18:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  6:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a *bit* surprised Moho 12 doesn't run well on a machine without a dedicated graphics card, but not completely. However, let me do this: I have a MacBook Air 2012, I believe, and I'm *guessing* it also doesn't have a dedicated card (I'll have to check to make sure). I rarely use it, but let me install Moho on it and see if... ah, crap. I just remembered they won't let me do that since you can only have so many instances of it running (and I already have it on my PC laptop as well). I'd rather not... oh, still thinking. I guess I can run it in demo mode.

So, let me see if I can run it on the default files and what frame rate I get. I can't do it tonight -- WAY too tired after a long day and my foot (which I will be having major surgery on in a few weeks) is just worn out. But I'll do it tomorrow and report back here.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Iheyd

Canada
206 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  6:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks a bunch Mike!

I am currently using AS11 pro, i was going to grab moho but since 11 isnt running properly i dont want to shell out more cash if it wont work.

again i appreciate all of your guys help it means a lot !!!!

-Steve

Edited by - Iheyd on 05/30/2017 6:32:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  8:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'll install 11 then (sitting here in bed trying to get used to this -- I'll be NWB for about 2 months. Sigh).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  03:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Mike -- off topic -- but hope you're up and about again in the not to far distant future. best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  07:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Paul -- recovery is supposed to take a year. But I hope I'm up and about again sometime in my lifetime <g>.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  08:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a year!! (if you don't want to say more that's fine -- but if you do ...) what happened!?
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  11:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tore a tendon in my foot playing tennis, and the whole foot is now screwed up. So they do something called "flat foot reconstruction" (which has nothing to do with your arches, to my surprise). Saw the heel in half, move it around, length the foot with a bone extension, move the tendon and perhaps use the toe tendon for repair, three hours of cutting and sawing and you're left with a bloody stump. Or so it seems.

Then two months NWB (first two weeks in bed only with foot elevated) and then a boot for a month or two, and then they SLOWLY start putting weight on that foot (well, I guess *I* do :>) until you aren't screaming anymore. Or at least until you aren't taking the heavy pain meds I've been promised (hell, that's really the only reason I'm doing all of this <g>).

The bad part is even after all this they aren't hopeful about my chances of playing tennis again. Now, ALL doctors are pessimistic (which is why you always hear the "My doctor told me I'd never walk again and now I'm running a marathon!!!"). Kind of like the weatherman theory, in which if he tells you it's going to rain and it's sunny you're not disappointed, whereas vice versa is never a Good Thing to hear. I suspect if I can at least walk without the pain I feel now I'll be able to play tennis, just not at the level prior. The good news is I went out on a high note, the best player in my age group in all of central Florida (I know this because they brought me in to play against the champs who went to Nationals and I beat them all). So it was fun while it lasted but I am NOT looking forward to the end of this month.

Thus endeth the medical lesson.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  2:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh sh*t! my thoughts are with you, I broke my talus -- the ankle bone that keeps your foot attached to your leg (a fair while ago now) -- in a horse-riding accident .. that was six months off work - so I can really relate to your situation. I'll never win an olympic gold for sprinting - but, for now at least, I can still outpace my 3yo ...
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  5:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best wishes, Mike.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  5:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, both. Paul -- I'm a bit luckier in that I'm retired and work isn't a consideration, but I sure wish I were a lot younger for hearling purposes. One thing I've *really* noticed about this last year is my age. Up until that, no kidding, I didn't feel old. I was extremely active, playing tennis and lifting weights and feeling all around as good as I ever did in my life.

This last year my body is telling me something -- and it ain't good <g>. But it's better than the alternative.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page