Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Iheyd

Canada
206 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  5:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey everyone, i just got a new computer, (and forgot my log in info) but finally remembered it. lol

my question is is there a way to make the playback frame rate quicker?

i have a blank document and it goes down to 8FPS

on my old computer which had way less ram and memory and processing speed always ran at 24 fps even with a full document. ive tried to change the display and still have got nothing to show, ive also googled it and some people have same issue but no one has posted any fixs

thanks for your help and i hope everyone is doing good and having a good start to the new season.

-Steve

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  9:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you have both integrated and dedicated GPUs, make sure Moho is using the dedicated one.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  07:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wes is right -- that's almost surely your issue. To elaborate, let's say you have an NVidia card. Nearly all (perhaps all) computers have Intel graphics as well, which won't be nearly as capable. So be sure that Moho uses the Nvidia card (a modern video card even with only 4gb on-board should run Moho just fine, whereas even recent onboard graphics may not be able to handle much).

If you DON'T have a video card just buy one (buy a good one -- for less than $150 you can get something fine, and for a bit over $200 you can get something spectacular, although for 2D work you shouldn't need much. Also I wouldn't buy a card nowadays with less than 6gb of memory on it -- again, overkill for Moho but if you do anything else you will want as much memory as possible).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Iheyd

Canada
206 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  6:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alright thank you for the reply, now i just have to do some googling to figure out how to set it on a mac!

-Steve

Go to Top of Page

Iheyd

Canada
206 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  4:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so ive been trying to google and i am struggling to get an answer and i cant seem to find one that helps. damn,

i have 1tb of space (only used abut 100gb of that)
3.3GHz intel core i7
16gb DDR3 ram
intel pro graphics 6200 1536 MB

so i dont know what seems to be the problem, and its tough lip syncing (seeing if it lines up well during play through) . and hard to tell if the animation looks right.

-Steve

Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  5:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me the key is that Intel Pro graphics -- that is onboard video and *not* a video card. I'm going to guess that machine won't play games very well, either However, try this:

https://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates

What frame rates do you see there? On my NVidia machine I get 60fps (which is like the minimum I would expect -- I actually would expect higher rates but this is an older card). I suspect on my new laptop I'd get much higher, perhaps even 120fps, but in any case you shouldn't get lower than 60.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Iheyd

Canada
206 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  6:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey mike!!

i just checked and that site is saying 60fps 60Hz 16 PPF . and 960 pixels per seec

-Steve

Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  9:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it's a long shot, but did you turn off GPU in Moho? (I don't think it has much, if any, to do with frame rates but it's worth a shot).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  02:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry for what might be a very dumb questions .. but ..are you seeing this in all documents or just the blank document you mention in the original post? in this blank document what's the project frame rate set to?
Go to Top of Page

Iheyd

Canada
206 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  5:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry jsut got home and checked everything out.

i checked the GPU acceleration and it is checked on. i also went through all the previews to check if it would make it player at a higher frame rate. (preview, wireframe etc..) and they all played at the same 10fps

And its not a dumb question lol. for the project frame rate it is set at 24FPS

i did a test and changed it though to 30fps and it the playback frame rate went up to 13 FPS instead of 10fps

i then changed the project Frame rate a couple times. and it kept upping the playback.

i went all the way to 120FPS (for project frame rate) and the playback got up to 15 FPS

i hope that will help figure this problem out.

should i just delete it and reinstall? maybe something went wrong in the installing phase?

-Steve

Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  6:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have Animation>Allow frame skipping enabled?

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  7:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And do turn GPU off (it's always been problematic).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  7:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd also be careful about what order you install stuff in.

Just recently my Moho stopped working, and I'm almost positive it's because I've been installing Real Illusion products, which use C++ Redistributables just like Moho does. They may use different versions or step on each other, and sometimes it's a PITA to figure out what is what.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Iheyd

Canada
206 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  5:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again everyone, i really appreciate everyones help!!

i did have allow animation skipping enabled, then i disabled it and its still running at 10 FPS

and then i turned GPU acceleration off and on (with the combination of frame skipping on and off)

and it still is running at the normal 10FPS

its weird because this was one of the programs i installed first (other than my editing software and audio software)

and im on AS11 still.

-Steve

Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  6:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but installing first may well be the issue.

Try removing it and reinstalling so it's *last*.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Iheyd

Canada
206 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2017 :  5:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i uninstalled it and then reinstalled, it didnt ask for my CD Key though so i dont think i removed it properly, but even after reinstall it still runs at 10 FPS.

im starting to think it is my computer (even though everything is upgraded) idk why it isnt running at 24fps.

(it also sucks as im halfway done a webseries me and my partner are working on and this is putting us at a standstill as it is hard to see if the lip sync and animation looks half decent when its playing back at half speed)

-Steve

Edited by - Iheyd on 05/29/2017 5:30:56 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page