Embedded YouTube
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2017 :  5:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it just me, or is embedded YouTube not working?

-Wes

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2017 :  6:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did the ones I used in that discussion on 2d/3d not work? They work for me and seemed to work for Warren.

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2017 :  6:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, none, even those recent ones, are showing here. Works on other forums.
If everyone else is seeing them, I'll troubleshoot it on my end.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  03:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never had embedded videos work properly on this site (works fine elsewhere) -- explorer or edge / windows 7 and 10 -- I just copy the url into a new window and that works fine

Edited by - hayasidist on 03/25/2017 03:12:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  11:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I don't even slightly worry about Microsoft's browsers (which are a hot mess). If you can't see them on Chrome, though, then I am concerned.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  12:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Firefox here. Yeah I've been copying the url too.
Don't know when it stopped working here, but I'm not running the latest Firefox, so between that and a Flash player update...
But yeah, works everywhere else.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  1:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately it's most likely something on the YouTube end, which does change how things can be called (I had to update VLC in order to do some stuff I stream via YouTube). Chrome still works for me (and even here on iOS and my Mac, which means Chrome in all three places is unaffected) and I don't care about the MS stuff but it's too bad that Firefox doesn't work (at least the version you're using, Wes).

iOS doesn't even use Flash player, so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  2:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just something that may finally get me to update Firefox from v39 to v43. I just always dread having to sort out all my addons again.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  6:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had a few issues embedding a YT video. It looks as though the forum s/ware is using a deprecated YT API -- which might explain many of the other issues I've had with playing YT videos. There's a line under the video that links to: https://developers.google.com/youtube/flash_api_reference that goes into more detail about embedding ...
Go to Top of Page

chucky
Silver Member

Australia
711 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  11:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit chucky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YouTube links aren't flash any more by default and most browsers won't support flash any more either. I guess the SNITZ forum code should be updated for HTML5. I have no idea what I'm talking about

Sequential Offender

Edited by - chucky on 06/10/2017 11:04:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page