Work In Progress
 Target Bones
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  5:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am moving forward with my dragon rig and have started to work on the legs. I added target bones to the feet but as I move the dragon the target bones awkwardly move sideways. I don't think this is suppose to happen.

Also is there a good way to rig legs on the left side of the body. I only have legs rigged on the right. I want to do a walk cycle but its hard to see with so many bones. I am thinking about changing the legs to their own bone layer but I am no sure if this will help.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dajsz9k193l6u6a/DRAGON_FULL_BODY_STAR_FINAL.anime

Edited by - werew0lfgirl_99 on 03/02/2017 5:20:46 PM

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  6:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're talking about the hind leg target rotating toward the front foot, it's because you targeted it to the front foot. I don't see what that accomplishes.

I wouldn't have separate bones layers for the main skeleton parts. You can always hide other layers while you rig the far side legs and name or color the bones to make them easier to distinguish. If all else fails, I'd use bone offset and Design Mode (ctrl+shift+D) to toggle to frame zero to select bones.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

159 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  7:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must have accidentally targeted the hind leg target to the front one so thanks for catching my carelessness. : ) The offset bone method is a good idea to get to the other legs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page