Granddaughter's Birthday Video
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6376 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  5:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not in ANY way proud of this other than I was able to do it in *exactly* two hours (didn't mean to time it but it just worked out that way). My wife reminded me it was the granddaughter's birthday today as she was leaving, and then this old man completely forgot about it until later this afternoon and panicked.

Now -- to be fair, I used video assets I already had (although that wasn't always a good thing, as the Buzz was so old he didn't respond to any of my new tools for animating, and I had to rely upon hand animation instead, which was a PITA). But I did have to wrestle with creating a birthday song (so had to use BiaB for the first time since I bought it late last year) as well as figure out how to multitrack in Audition (never did it before and it frustrated me for the longest time). I would estimate I spent around half the time (or about an hour) on the audio -- the rest was comparatively easy (although Moho stumped me on two points -- why is it you can get assets in the library on currently open projects that are only backgrounds and audio but NOT any actual animation type assets, like a character? I had to end up saving the file to the library to get it as an asset, which seems kind of broken to me. Also, even though I changed the resolution of the project it would not render at the proper resolution until I exited Moho and restarted it with the saved project. This is DEFINITELY a bug and too bad they aren't fixing things anymore).

So don't judge... much

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  6:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The render window remembers it's last size, so there's a "Restore defaults" button on it to match current project dimensions. Maybe that's what you were seeing?

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1249 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  7:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
;-)
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6376 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  7:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SynthSin75

The render window remembers it's last size, so there's a "Restore defaults" button on it to match current project dimensions. Maybe that's what you were seeing?

-Wes

Well, I don't think so -- I wasn't rendering to a window but to the whole project (the usual "Export Animation" dialog). After I rendering the whole thing (individual PNGs) I imported into Premiere and found they were too small, so I went back to Moho. changed the Project settings, and tried re-rendering with the same results. Only after I exited Moho and came back in again (and it loaded the project by default as that's what I have it set to do) and re-rendered did it do it at the right resolution.

I don't think it's worth pursuing to figure out exactly where the problem occurs since there's no one home now, but I'm reasonably sure I can duplicate the issue. From now on I'll make sure my project defaults are set to HD so I don't have to worry (I never really render anything smaller anymore).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

139 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  5:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cute Video for your Granddaughter! : D
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6376 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  8:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words. The one I made for ALL my grandchildren a few years ago has the most hits of any I've posted on YouTube (in the tens of thousands). I think primarily because it also had Buzz (and Mr. Incredible).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

139 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  10:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the another video on your youtube. It had really good pacing and use of music. I use to be in editing and I know pacing for comedy is hard so I use to avoid it, I was the fantasy/scifi geek editor lol.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6376 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  08:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again, I appreciate the compliments.

Comedy is mostly my thing -- I wish I *could* be serious, but I tend to view everything in life through a comedic lens.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page