Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2016 :  6:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not for iClone 6 it isn't -- while they DO have a rigging process it ain't easy by any means and folks on the RL forum have all kinds of issues with it.

How are you doing it? (If you have a video tutorials somewhere I wouldn't mind a link -- folks on the RL forum complain about the rigging of Genesis characters all time. Inside of iClone, I mean).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4464 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2016 :  7:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by seren

CT8 pipeline is $99 (instead of $199 at the moment), so that makes 3DXchange pipeline an extra $99 from pro.

I never can seem to find these deals anywhere I look. Are you saying I could upgrade 3DXchange from pro to pipeline for $99? If so, where?

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

seren

61 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2016 :  11:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Mike, I'm much newer than you to iclone, so you probably know more about it than I do. I mean converting a rigged genesis(2) characters facial morphs to iclone, buy dropping the .duf file (reallusion provide) on the genesis characters face in daz3d. Then fine tuning in 3DXchange before exporting to iclone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3iS164uTgc

@Wes
$399 was the bundle price I was offered when starting up the the trial version of iclone 6. So effectively 3DXchange pipeline was approx $99 more than 3DXchange pro within the bundle, assuming:
iclone 6 pro is $99
crazytalk 8 pipeline is $99
3DXchange pipeline is $199
+freebies

compared to the other bundle I found with the link to the offer (expired on 17th for $99), which is now $199. assuming:
iclone 6 pro is $99
3DXchange pro is $99
+freebies

However I wanted crazytalk 8 pipeline which is on introductory offer for $99 instead of $199 at the moment, so i would have bought this in addition to that $199 bundle.
So for me 3DXchange pipeline was an extra $99 (approx) over the pro version by buying the $399 bundle.

I looked for the link in the browser history, but couldn't find it. It just opened up during the trial of iclone.

Edited by - seren on 01/06/2016 11:55:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  07:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seren,

I know about the duf file (and even *that* seems a bit screwy for iClone 6, as the Duf files aren't quite right for it) but I guess what I'm asking is if you have actually done this? Because (according to the folks on the RL forum) in iClone 6 it don't work all that easily and just having to match up all the morphs in XChange is a huge PITA (not true in previous versions of iClone, just 6 and XChange 6).

In any case, it doesn't interest me all that much anymore now that face fitting is possible with CC. Also, Daz characters in general don't work as well in iClone as do the CC (they certainly don't render as well as they do in Daz). But perhaps someday I'll get around to looking at it in detail.

Wes -- if you've installed the trial you should have seen various offers. You might try that if you haven't (or go back to your trial and see if you can find them again). One thing is for sure: RL has offers ALL the time, and particularly if you already own one or more of the products (so one strategy is to buy one of the cheaper ones and then take advantage of being a "member" and getting membership prices).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

seren

61 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  08:19:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have imported Daz characters, I just deleted a all the expression morphs exept the genesis 2 ones and it worked just fine.
It seems the expressions are duplicated on other morphs, and add together to create extreme expressions, maybe it's the wrong thing to do but it worked for me.
Like I say i'm new to this and just finding my way around. I have noticed "sticky morph sliders" in 3DXchange, moving them, and then back to the original position helps "unstick expressions". So there are definately bugs to splat, but in principle it works.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  10:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But will the visemes work correctly? Can you import a talk script and have it correctly animate?

(Perhaps I'm lazy but it would be nice if someone else paved the way <g>). I'm still so far behind in what I need to do for my 2D work that I feel like I'm just dabbling in 3D stuff, but it sure is fun.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

seren

61 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  11:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's what i mean. The visemes are constructed from a mixture of morphs, but there seem to be several sets of morphs and this dupication seems to lead to extreme visemes.
Deleting all but one set of morphs *seems* to correct things, but is it the right thing to do?
You can apply a motion plus talking animation and it works nicely.
Not deleting the other morphs gives you a talking figure, whose facial distortions would have small children running in tears...
Yeah, I'm certainly new to this, and yeah definately a fun program :)

Edited by - seren on 01/07/2016 11:22:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

seren

61 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  11:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as mocap, you are using iPi? Basic version with 2 kinects?
Have you got reallusions mocap plugin too?
Did you look into brekel?
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  12:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did check out Brekel and I own the RL plugin but I ended up with the two Kinect iPi version, and I'm very happy with it.

On the RL forum I posted a complete comparison but the short version is that iPi is the only one that can do the feet right, as well as allow complete body turns and ground motions. The RL plugin can do upper body only stuff (which is nice sometimes) and Brekel is better at upper body than RL, but iPi is much better than both at it.

There is a free demo of both Brekel and iPi -- don't know about RL but I would definitely use the trials to see what you think.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4464 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  7:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by seren

@Wes
$399 was the bundle price I was offered when starting up the the trial version of iclone 6. So effectively 3DXchange pipeline was approx $99 more than 3DXchange pro within the bundle, assuming:
iclone 6 pro is $99
crazytalk 8 pipeline is $99
3DXchange pipeline is $199
+freebies

compared to the other bundle I found with the link to the offer (expired on 17th for $99), which is now $199. assuming:
iclone 6 pro is $99
3DXchange pro is $99
+freebies

However I wanted crazytalk 8 pipeline which is on introductory offer for $99 instead of $199 at the moment, so i would have bought this in addition to that $199 bundle.
So for me 3DXchange pipeline was an extra $99 (approx) over the pro version by buying the $399 bundle.

I looked for the link in the browser history, but couldn't find it. It just opened up during the trial of iclone.

I have iClone 6 Pro and 3DXchange 6 Pro, so I wasn't looking at bundle prices. Thanks for letting me know I wasn't missing a good deal on upgrading. Hell, I can't even find any regular upgrade pricing.

Mike, I haven't even got around to installing yet. Like you, I sometimes buy long before I get around to using it.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2016 :  10:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I know that feeling -- sometimes I am amazed that I even *have* some software I bought a while back (I think "Where did this come from? Oh, yeah, I remember now").

Just too much software, too little time...

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

rankamatuer

205 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  07:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eagerly awaiting to see what you can do with this this software and a 3d cartoony look :).

One must attempt the absurd to achieve the impossible.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  11:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me I'm not so sure I'll ever do the "cartoony" look -- my main interest in using iClone is for somewhat realistic images (although not *too* realistic that they fall into the uncanny valley mode). It's mostly because of the face conversion stuff that I have a lot of interest in it.

But it's certainly possible to use it that way, particularly if you have their toon creation pack (I *might* have it -- it might fall into that "too much software, too little time" category in that I bought a ton of stuff to qualify for the "free" Pipeline upgrade). It just doesn't interest me a whole lot at the moment (but since I have the attention span of a gnat it's always something that might change in a split second :>).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page