Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2015 :  10:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and while we're on this subject, everyone should look at 3D Coat -- it is the most underrated 3D toolkit out there (and the $99 version of IT ought to be in every 3D developer's toolbag. I'm buying it for the painting alone, but you can do almost anything in it).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2015 :  10:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need Pipeline to export anything other than static props, like animation data. Yeah, my most immediate use would be for 3D game modding. So while iClone looks great to work with, the cost may be too much for what I need.

I'm still all about the 2D for actual animation work. For me, 3D content is only necessary for immersive interaction.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

rankamatuer

205 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2015 :  02:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will also agree with you Wes, in that I'm partial to 2d. I'm willing to go with 3D and make it "cartoony" vs more realistic because the ease of production.

In the meantime, I'm charging ahead.

One must attempt the absurd to achieve the impossible.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2015 :  07:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right, for game work (like, perhaps, Unity) you would need Pipeline. If you are doing anything like that (no matter how you do it, Wes) and ever need anyone to look at it, let me know (even if I don't have the time I'm pretty connected with a whole 3D gamer community).

I'm sure I'll keep doing 2D animation at some point -- it's just got some advantages and looks that can't be achieved any other way -- but 3D has always been my first love (my first introduction to animation) and I just love SO many things about it that I will always want to play in that arena, particularly now that it has gotten so much easier.

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2015 :  08:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Received an e-mail this morning... available till December 17th at $99.

This Pack Includes:
•iClone 6 Pro

Free Bonus:
•3DXchange 6 Pro
•Character Creator

Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2015 :  09:02:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Given that 3DXChange cost ME $99 (after I bought iC6) that's a good deal (Character Creator is a free download for everyone, though).

It's hard to argue with at least testing the waters that way (that's kind of how I got into it, taking advantage of a good bundle deal).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2015 :  6:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not finding that deal. Do you have a link?

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2015 :  10:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a prior user. I don't know if they offered me a special price because of that...

Link for Wes: https://store.reallusion.com/cart.aspx?p=CCB0000IENU000020151211001&cpn=DMTemailAPUpBun1512111&addfrom=20

Make sure you are buying a single copy... going to this address may increment quantity... select 1 and then refresh with button.

Regards, Rocky
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2015 :  10:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot, Rocky!

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2015 :  09:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And if that leaves jingle in yer pockets here's some discount accessories... You can go broke with the many add-ons.

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/discountbyvolume/Xmas3

Go to Top of Page

seren

61 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2016 :  09:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying out the demo version iclone 6 at the moment, pretty impressive although it could get pretty expensive with all the add-ons.
Anyone found problems with elbow bend distortions with imported daz3d genesis 2 characters? Oh for the simplicity of smart bones ;)
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2016 :  2:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen any deformation issues with almost anything in iClone but I admit I don't import Daz stuff (I *have* it, just haven't tried importing it).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

seren

61 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2016 :  12:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daz3D is an incredible resource for new characters and customisation through the magic of 3DXchange, you should take a peep.

Just bought into iclone, the offer for $99 had expired obviously, and the same package is now $199 with 3DXchange pro.
There was a also deal to upgrade from the demo version to Iclone pro, with 3DXchange pipeline and CrazyTalk 8 pipeline (and a few other freebies) for $399. CT8 pipeline is $99 (instead of $199 at the moment), so that makes 3DXchange pipeline an extra $99 from pro.

When you say you are using kinect V2, you mean the kinect for xbox one with the windows adapter kit?

Edited by - seren on 01/06/2016 07:24:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2016 :  07:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem is that, with the CT8 Pipeline head fitting I'm pretty committed to using CC characters, which are set up perfectly for iClone. Trying to manage the PITA that is bringing in the facial rigging for Daz stuff is just not something I plan on doing.

Yes, I am talking about the only Kinect that MS now sells (it's version 2 of the Kinect, as the original Kinect 360 is no longer being sold). I have two of them and use them with iPisoft's mocap and it works perfectly. Just now need to find time to do all that I want to do (anyone have a time machine at their disposal? Oh, and a fountain of youth would be pretty nice as well).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

seren

61 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2016 :  1:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But Mike, the facial rigging for Daz characters is pretty much automated, well it is for Genesis, Genesis 2 and soon (officially) Genesis 3.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page