new short
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

troypicou
Starting Member

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2015 :  4:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit troypicou's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Used as pro 11 and walk assist.

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6376 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2015 :  4:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really nice stuff -- not sure where or why you had to use Walk Assist but I'm glad it both worked for you in 11 as well as honored for it to have played a part in your work.

I edited your post so it would display the YouTube link properly (somewhere here there is a topic about how to properly post the YouTube link, but the quick version is do NOT post the one that first shows up when you upload your video, but go to your video to play it, copy THAT link, and remove the watch= or some such that's tagged at the end sometimes).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

troypicou
Starting Member

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  09:35:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit troypicou's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike. I use walk assist as a loop tool. I create small animated actions and I am able to combine them and string them together, works great. AS may have this ability but with my limited knowledge of the program walk assist meets the need. The only thing with walk assist is I am unable to select the animations from the drop down menu. Not a huge deal but it would nice if It is as simple as I am missing a step in the process.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6376 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  11:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need the right directory for those animations, but if you see them you ought to be able to select them. Let me know exactly the workflow steps you use and what happens on the screen and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

AFAIK (AS always surprises me) there is no such functionality as Walk Assist available yet, although there really should be (I can't remember if I've shown the devs Walk Assist, but I'll check again and see if I can interest them in adding such a thing to the next release).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

troypicou
Starting Member

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  1:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit troypicou's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to clarify I do not see the animations listed.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6376 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  6:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay -- do you have the directory in your content directory? (it has to be called "Bone Animations", with a space and it IS case sensitive). If you don't have that directory it isn't created, IIRC, so you can't save your own to it, but after it's there you can create sub-directories (again, IIRC).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

troypicou
Starting Member

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  7:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit troypicou's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Worked, Thank You!
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  7:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great short. Simple, funny, and accomplished looking.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

chucky
Silver Member

Australia
711 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2017 :  11:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit chucky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice , Troy!
Great feeling and humour, I was ready for more.

I love that walk assist too... don't know how I worked before it.

Hey, there was one thing I noticed that distracted me (maybe it's not worth mentioning, but it's a pretty private little post so far)....
It's the antennae .... or is it the eyebrows?
They seem to be struggling with each other for visual recognition.
Would different colours help them play nicer together?

I still really liked it, it was quite beeautiful.

Sequential Offender
Go to Top of Page

werew0lfgirl_99

139 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  10:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks so professional! Great job!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page