New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

romanim
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  01:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,
i was searching a lot for this thing, because im old photoshop user and i have habbits to do all by keyboard and save time... It would be great if someone can do this (and i hope its in good section , if not, sory admin :D)

Edited by - romanim on 04/22/2015 02:01:18 AM

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  06:35:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did write a new layer shortcut and it's basically a one-liner (other than the usual setup you need to do in any script) so it's a really good way to get started in scripting and something I would advise anyone to give a try.

However, the issue is that you either have to write a number of different shortcuts for each type of layer you want, or just settle for one particular type (there's no easy way to select layer type and still have it as a hot key). I use vector but others may want something else (again, a good lesson for script writing). The same will go for group -- you will need to create this separate from your layer shortcut script (for a hot key script there is no way to check for modifiers like, say, holding down the shift key to create a certain type of layer. At least I don't think so -- might be something to think about when I wake more fully up).

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  06:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and here's the relevant line:

local newLayer = moho:CreateNewLayer(MOHO.LT_VECTOR) -- other types, IMAGE, GROUP, BONE, SWITCH, PARTICLE NOTE and 3D

There's some other stuff you can deal with (or not, as you wish) like giving it a custom name, but none of those things are necessary for the script (which will execute in your Run function, as all keyed scripts do).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

romanim
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  07:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons

Oh, and here's the relevant line:

local newLayer = moho:CreateNewLayer(MOHO.LT_VECTOR) -- other types, IMAGE, GROUP, BONE, SWITCH, PARTICLE NOTE and 3D

There's some other stuff you can deal with (or not, as you wish) like giving it a custom name, but none of those things are necessary for the script (which will execute in your Run function, as all keyed scripts do).

"Look, I made a hat...

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

thanks Kelley, i gonna try this
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page