Free Music Resource
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  09:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I've got a site up with free music that you can use in commercial projects as well as non-commercial ones. It's all original...all my own stuff. All I ask is to be credited as indicated on my homepage.

http://soundimage.org/

I hope the site is helpful. Any and all feedback is welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  6:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some very nice work there. Thanks for sharing with us.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2014 :  08:16:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're very welcome. I hope my music is helpful.

I've posted some new tracks on the following pages:

Sci-Fi/Space
Quiet/Peaceful/Mellow

I've also received a number of requests for longer pieces (in general) so I thought I'd begin creating longer versions of some of my tracks.

If you all have thoughts about tracks of mine that you'd like to use, but wish were longer, please let me know. :)

Thanks,
Eric
Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2014 :  08:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of stuff there -- this is a very generous offer! I'm no musician, but if you're looking for feedback, I have some. I went to the 'Sci-Fi' section, and by the time I got to "Dark Techno City" (or something like that) I was yearning for some metal scraping against metal, clanking chains, burnt-out motors etc... it was all a little bit based on synth keyboard sounds. You did ask!
Go to Top of Page

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2014 :  11:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jahnocli

Lots of stuff there -- this is a very generous offer! I'm no musician, but if you're looking for feedback, I have some. I went to the 'Sci-Fi' section, and by the time I got to "Dark Techno City" (or something like that) I was yearning for some metal scraping against metal, clanking chains, burnt-out motors etc... it was all a little bit based on synth keyboard sounds. You did ask!

Yeah, I've been kicking around the idea of creating some tracks that feature/mix sounds like those...creepy percussion stuff and things that are hard to identify...sort of like the opening of "Alien."

Thanks for responding! :-)

Eric

Go to Top of Page

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  10:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hi everyone,

I've posted new pieces on the following pages:

Action
Fantasy
Funny/Quirky/Weird

As always, your feedback is welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Go to Top of Page

jahnocli

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  11:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric -- a suggestion: could you indicate new material for the first two weeks, say, with an asterisk? Would help to quickly check out new stuff...
Go to Top of Page

neeters_guy
Silver Member

504 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  4:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit neeters_guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really great tracks. Nice alternative to incompetech.com, where I currently get most of my music.

----
http://neetersguy.tumblr.com/
Go to Top of Page

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  11:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jahnocli

Eric -- a suggestion: could you indicate new material for the first two weeks, say, with an asterisk? Would help to quickly check out new stuff...

I post a list of the 10 or so newest tracks on my homepage (newest at the top) which I update a lot since I create an average of one new track each day...so make sure to look at the top of the list. Also, on each page (like "Fantasy" or "Action") as I add new pieces, they also appear at the top.

I hope that helps,
Eric
Go to Top of Page

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  11:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neeters_guy

Really great tracks. Nice alternative to incompetech.com, where I currently get most of my music.

----
http://neetersguy.tumblr.com/

Thanks, I really appreciate it. My site is extremely new compared with Kevin's (he's been doing this for years...I've been at it since February...lol) so please feel free to spread the word, share links to my site, and all that good stuff.

Eric
Go to Top of Page

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2014 :  4:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I've created a bunch of new tracks and uploaded them onto the following pages:

Drama
Fantasy
Sci-Fi/Space
Nature/Science
Urban

I hope they are useful. As always, your feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1249 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2014 :  07:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,

I'm starting a new project soon and have had a very quick browse of your site. Timing is (often) critical for what I do, and so whilst I can chop the .mp3 (or, as you say, request customisation) it would be *really* helpful to have access to the score. If that's a straight "no way" from you, then that's totally understandable and please be assured that no offence will be taken if your policy is not to release scores in any form.

On the other hand, if you might consider sharing the score, we have a sibelius shop here, so getting a .sib would make our job of edit and sync a whole lot easier. (I'm assuming these are (mostly?) synthesised instruments (and deepest apologies if not!!) so if you've used custom virtual instruments, we'd ideally need those too).

As a general observation, the majority of the tracks I looked at were in the 1 - 2 minute range. Helpful for potential customers browsing would be an indication of duration without having to start the download and play. These longer pieces have their place for sure, but it would also be great if you could provide as standard some shorter options on duration (e.g. the "4 bar" and "16 bar" versions...) e.g. in an animation, a "sneak" just needs a few seconds before changing into a similarly brief "freeze" or into a "flurry of feet and fur".
Go to Top of Page

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  8:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayasidist

Hi Eric,

I'm starting a new project soon and have had a very quick browse of your site. Timing is (often) critical for what I do, and so whilst I can chop the .mp3 (or, as you say, request customisation) it would be *really* helpful to have access to the score. If that's a straight "no way" from you, then that's totally understandable and please be assured that no offence will be taken if your policy is not to release scores in any form.

On the other hand, if you might consider sharing the score, we have a sibelius shop here, so getting a .sib would make our job of edit and sync a whole lot easier. (I'm assuming these are (mostly?) synthesised instruments (and deepest apologies if not!!) so if you've used custom virtual instruments, we'd ideally need those too).

As a general observation, the majority of the tracks I looked at were in the 1 - 2 minute range. Helpful for potential customers browsing would be an indication of duration without having to start the download and play. These longer pieces have their place for sure, but it would also be great if you could provide as standard some shorter options on duration (e.g. the "4 bar" and "16 bar" versions...) e.g. in an animation, a "sneak" just needs a few seconds before changing into a similarly brief "freeze" or into a "flurry of feet and fur".

Thanks for checking out my site. All of my music comes straight out of a synth (analog) and goes directly into my computer. It's a very simple setup so I have a feeling that notation software wouldn't work.

If you need short versions of anything, I'd be happy to create them for you for a donation. Just let me know.

Again, thanks for giving my music a listen...I really appreciate it!

Eric

Edited by - Eric Matyas on 08/22/2014 8:26:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  8:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

New tracks await you on the following pages:

Fantasy
Sci-Fi/Space
Quiet/Peaceful/Mellow

I hope they are useful. As always, your feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1249 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  09:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Matyas
All of my music comes straight out of a synth (analog) and goes directly into my computer.

<jaw drop> analog!! is it "heritage" or did you build it?! and how do you interface it to your computer?
[edit]and... just noticed and seen your YT channel - you shot the video on a DSLR?! care to share the tech specs of that!? (we use Nikon D5000s here for stills field work and also stop action)

Edited by - hayasidist on 08/23/2014 09:52:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Eric Matyas

152 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2014 :  6:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Matyas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayasidist

quote:
Originally posted by Eric Matyas
All of my music comes straight out of a synth (analog) and goes directly into my computer.

<jaw drop> analog!! is it "heritage" or did you build it?! and how do you interface it to your computer?
[edit]and... just noticed and seen your YT channel - you shot the video on a DSLR?! care to share the tech specs of that!? (we use Nikon D5000s here for stills field work and also stop action)

LOL...it's a Triton Studio, so IT'S digital...but I don't have the proper interface to go digital into my computer, so I just go analog phono out of it and into my sound port. Very simple and works fine. And I shot all the videos with a Panasonic Lumix GH-1. Great camera. I just finished a pilot for an eco-learning series with it. Will be continuing with it in the fall.

Edited by - Eric Matyas on 08/24/2014 7:04:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page