Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

super8mm
Silver Member

803 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  2:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna try to get an episode out before the end of this year. Even if I have to cut the length of the episode short.

Here I am rotoscoping my own animation replacing my v8 Marfa character with the new v9.5

Telemacus

Australia
96 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  6:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! that looks awesome! (saw a couple of your videos before)
Releasing any tutorials soon? I'd love to see how you do the levers for movement and so on. I know there are some tutorials about it, but they don't go much into details.
Go to Top of Page

super8mm
Silver Member

803 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  05:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will offer tutorials on morph dials using smartbones soon.
Go to Top of Page

super8mm
Silver Member

803 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  05:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here you see my 2D car navigate through a 3D lane. But it all looks seamless from the camera's point of view. The car is called a Robug combining a VW bug and the car from the movie iRobot.

Edited by - super8mm on 11/15/2013 06:01:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Telemacus

Australia
96 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  06:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Car looks awesome! (pic 2)
But the car on top of the building (pic 1), not so good in my opinion. Doesn't look right.
Go to Top of Page

MattInTheHat

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  12:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In that first picture Telemascus, you are not seeing it from the cameras point of view. If you look towards the lower left corner you can see that little blue arrow which represents the camera in Anime Studio. That first picture must be a shot of the editing window in Anime Studio when viewing the scene using the Orbit tool in the Workspace panel. That's why it doesn't look right.

I think it all looks pretty awesome super8. I can't way to see the finished video.

-Matt

Go to Top of Page

super8mm
Silver Member

803 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  3:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Telemacus

Car looks awesome! (pic 2)
But the car on top of the building (pic 1), not so good in my opinion. Doesn't look right.

Both image 1 and 2 are the same frame.
Go to Top of Page

Telemacus

Australia
96 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2013 :  04:04:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh! cool! didn't notice the camera, and Ive seen other animations of your where things happen on the roofs and all. :)
Go to Top of Page

super8mm
Silver Member

803 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2013 :  10:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey! I'm seeing double! 4 Marfas! :P

V8.2 and V9.5 side by side.
Small changes to the character:
* Different hoody
* No color in the lips, they are naturally black.
* Iris edge for more contrast.
* Pupil has the same color but darker as the iris.
* More hang on the hood thus more shade on the face.
* More boob outline but I might reduce it a bit more.
* Better emoting

Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6428 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2013 :  11:31:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The eyes in particular look much improved (amazing what that iris edge adds).

As for the cleavage -- well, this says it better than I could:

http://kotaku.com/heres-how-to-draw-real-boobies-1397268914

"Look, I made a hat...
Where there never was a hat"

-Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4502 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2013 :  12:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are only two things I'd change. Cleavage, like you mention, is extreme for that outfit,
and I'd make the pupils black (but that may just be seeing them in comparison).

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

super8mm
Silver Member

803 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2013 :  12:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Changed to a darker green for the iris and gave her boobs a line length reduction.

Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4502 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2013 :  1:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Much better.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

super8mm
Silver Member

803 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2013 :  8:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A limitation to my character is the 360 degree wrist turn with individual finger bend control that takes care of just about every hand pose except for facing, as in fingers outstretched towards the camera and similar angles. I'll need to add another dimension and another dial to the wrist rotation, the one that bends the wrist itself.
Go to Top of Page

super8mm
Silver Member

803 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2013 :  7:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While reading about prototype cars made in the space age I tried to understand what they got wrong with the future look of cars. So you had cars that looked like rockets with butt ugly bias ply whitewall tires. So I tried to come up with a look for cars that could actually happen in the future. Headlights and signals made out of an LED matrix, rimless tires, modular interchangeable dash boards, etc. to give it a look of the future in a wasteland of an old abandoned city scape.

Also want to add if you want to have a car in your animation that can do a turn, always put the axis of rotation not in the middle but between the rear wheels as that is the true angle center pivot of a vehicle.

Edited by - super8mm on 11/19/2013 7:41:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

super8mm
Silver Member

803 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  8:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I'm taking a couple of days to try different ways to make morph dials for fingers, here is Dragonskunk as a comic I made prior to starting to learn AS. It was to be called "Bullet Proof Skunk" to sound like bullet proof monk, but I didn't want it to seem like a parody of a crappy movie.

I never published the few pages of this. Problem was, if you are not insanely talented to draw comics you only could publish comics on the internet and get nothing for it, flat static comics anyways. Animated comics can exist on YouTube and you can get monetized for it. But I really don't enjoy comics to read that much and it takes a ton of work to make. I love to draw and tell stories but not so much in comic form. What I enjoy more is animating so I went with that instead.

This is really old art too back when I was just starting to be able to stand looking at my old art. Anything prior to this I can't stand looking at it let alone share it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page