Question about reinstalling AS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ahroo
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  9:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having hard drive problems and will either have to reinstall Windows or get a new hard drive - either way, I will have to reinstall Anime Studio (version Pro 9.5). My question is, since my version of 9.5 was an upgrade from 9.2, which was an update from 9, which was an upgrade from 8, do I have to reinstall the earlier versions in order, or was the 9.5 download a complete version of the program and all I need to install? Thanks.

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4611 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  9:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
9.5 is a stand-alone installer, with it's own serial number. The upgrades only provide you with discounts for owning previous versions.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

Ahroo
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  10:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, Wes. It's a relief to know that I won't have to go through the hassle of reinstalling all the prior versions - it's going to be bad enough just dealing with all the other OS and program installs!
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4611 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  10:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's what we're here for.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

sbtamu
Silver Member

928 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  10:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit sbtamu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you tried to restore your machine to an earlier time?

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Go to Top of Page

Ahroo
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2013 :  3:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sbtamu,

Yes, I wanted to try that first, but the restore points available don't go back far enough to when the problems started (random PC freezes, and/or spontaneous reboots, and/or BSODs - no pattern I can see). I'm not even sure the problem is with either Windows or the hard drive, but it those are next in line in my troubleshooting efforts. But I do appreciate the suggestion and I'm certainly open to any others!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page