Posted - 10/11/2012 :  11:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooop, you set it to private
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  2:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fixed! now just unlisted ... like the other one! sorry!!
Go to Top of Page

JOHN MULLER

175 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  3:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good. Anxious to watch paradise become lost.
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  5:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phase 3 -- a tryout for the victims -- er -- family before the event. A few things to fix / re-work (happy if you point them out -- I already have a list of about 10 things that are "wrong"), but it's slowly coming together (second place to with "real" work). If there are any car-spotters out there... care to name the make and model?

Go to Top of Page

JOHN MULLER

175 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  01:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it. The most obvious (and probably on your growing list of 10 things)is the boys left hand after lowering it from the wave. I also considered that the thumb could be foreshadowing the mutations caused by radiation.
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  04:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks John!
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  11:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The characters look washed out and don't have enough contrast with the background. Outlines alone may help quite a bit. The children's arms get lost in the background cabinets, the mom's eyebrows don't read, and the dad looks like he has beady eyes (I'm guessing because his eye whites get lost).

Otherwise, it's looking good.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  1:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Wes! All on the list for the next upgrade. (no promises on when! )
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  5:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is the last part of this that I'll probably be able to do this year... people to add, scenery to improve and the waves are more "placeholders" than real waves (and the inevitable other couple of "wish I'd spotted that before the upload but - meh - it's only a try-out"; along with the other glaring errors I haven't seen yet ...) but...

there didn't seem to be any carspotters on the previous segement -- so any plane spotters out there who recognises it?

Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4465 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  5:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A 60's model Rolls Royce Phantom and a Sikorsky.

Waves don't look bad at all, although the lift-off seems a bit abrupt.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  5:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Wes -- sorry - nope to both your suggestions for the vehicles -- don't forget we're 1946... (another clue: the plane's tail number is authentic)

and yep - taxi and take-off run are very much curtailed... engine start to lift off in 20 seconds just doesn't happen in the real world but it'd be immensely boring to watch it all (I'll likely do a cut-away in the final product )

Go to Top of Page

chucky
Silver Member

Australia
711 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  8:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit chucky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayasidist

Hi Wes -- sorry - nope to both your suggestions for the vehicles -- don't forget we're 1946... (another clue: the plane's tail number is authentic)

and yep - taxi and take-off run are very much curtailed... engine start to lift off in 20 seconds just doesn't happen in the real world but it'd be immensely boring to watch it all (I'll likely do a cut-away in the final product )

Well I thought Catalina after about one tenth of a second of the close up.?
But then I realised it's probably a Sunderland, sorry I mean Sandringham, sandringham

Sequential Offender

Edited by - chucky on 11/13/2012 9:04:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  05:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nope! sorry -- last clues before I reveal all: there were only about 12 of these built in the 3-4 years up until the run up to the USA joining WW2 - they were iconic, giving their name to a travel class that survived long after this type ceased service: in terms of "price and prestige" they were the Concordes of the time.. but a whole lot slower (typically only 150-180 knots) and a whole lot bigger inside (a slightly smaller number of pax than Concorde - 70-ish seats on daytime runs, but there was a lounge area, restaurant, changing rooms so one could dress for dinner...). This particular a/c was on PAA's Pacific run - and 1946 was its last flight (and now you know why!! ) as it was "Damaged by storm and salvaged for parts" ... (although purists will correctly tell me that it wasn't actually in PAA livery in 1946)

the car is (meant to be!) a 1946 Chrysler Continental (gaffe in the posted sequence: the car may well be on the right hand side of the street, but the driver is on the right hand side of the car! )
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6373 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  07:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um, I have not seen the video (sorry -- time constraints) and I'm late to revisiting this thread (sorry again) and I'm half asleep (just woke up) but you're not talking about the "Clipper" are you?

The Pan Am Clipper was an iconic airplane that I used as an image on the front of my software product (which was a meta program generator for the Clipper compiler, get it?). I have no idea if they actually built that few of them, but it certainly fits the description you are writing and is actually my favorite plane of all time.

I'm not sure if it was still in service in 1946, but it's a shame it's still not around today (and if I'm way off that's okay. It was just fun remembering this wonderful, wonderful plane I wish I could have flown, back in the days of Indiana Jones).
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1247 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  09:06:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's an "A" Mike.. yep - the Clipper - formally the Boeing 314 and 314A, and just 12 of them NC18601-NC18612, to those who give a hoot - and, as you say, an amazing plane (indeed - to have been around then and flown in it <sigh>; but then we wouldn't be here having fun with AS had that been the case!).. sadly all of them sunk or scrapped and out of service by 1951. But: NC18601 which, just before the end of the war was scuttled rather than let fall into enemy hands, has been found and they're wondering if it can be salvaged. There's a lifesize model in an Irish musuem at the old seaplane terminal. The plane used in Indiana Jones was actually a Short Solent "dressed" with visual effects to look like a B314!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page