Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6409 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  9:51:49 PM  Show Profile
Folks,

As a general rule I would post this in the common section where folks could ask questions, discuss, etc. but given the tight time constraints here (and the fact that no one on THIS forum can answer any further queries) I thought I'd post this as an announcement.

Here's the full release (my comments to follow):

quote:
We are a Post Production Studio located in Santa Monica, California and are searching for an Anime Studio Pro 8 Professional to come on board for our animated pilot TV show that will be airing in the fall of 2012.

We are searching for a top level experienced animator to come on-board and assist the animation team and illustrator with Character rigging and mouth packs starting next Tuesday May 29th until middle of June 2012. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with industry professionals and have the ability to be on a network show.

Please send us a resume and reel - this is a paid position work for hire (freelance)
Contact - Brett Maier, Production Coordinator at brett@subtractive.net 424-214-0205 extension 714

I have corresponded with Brett and the project seems legit even if the time factor seemed a little suspect to me (it looks as though they lost their animator at the last minute, which is why they are looking for someone by this coming Tuesday). They would also prefer someone local, although they might entertain remote work (so it never hurts to ask).

I grew up in Venice (right on the border of Santa Monica) and it's a nice area if you are even thinking of taking temporary location (if so, write me and I can give you some places to stay). And as always make sure you negotiate up front money to cover costs to make it worth your while to get involved -- while it's always good to get experience remember that 99% of these projects fail to get picked up (as I know from personal experience -- even if you sign a contract with a major studio you may not go to series).

After Tuesday I will remove this post so there is no question about the time frame (it's this coming Tuesday, the day after Memorial Day, for those of you who aren't retired as I am and where *every* weekend is a holiday weekend :>).
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page