Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  10:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, I see (never knew that, though).

But back to the vocal track issue -- I don't think you need to redo it, Wena, but it would be helpful if you let us know exactly what everyone is saying (and there's no reason to redo it -- heck, I still have trouble with Monty Python and most of their stuff is crystal clear compared to a lot of media from England, let alone Britain).
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  05:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like a stereo track... I reduce mix tracks to mono, it seems to help. Fairly primitive sound engineering here using digital recorder and Audacity. I have little voice talent so find it hard, if not impossible, to do two person scripts. Any female voice actors out there?

Everyone has different strengths... collaboration implies an effective division of labor with that in mind. Directors have any amazing amount of talent to juggle. Movie credits roll on and on.

I'm struggling with script writing books at present. When you consider how many hats you wear as an animator (creator/dreamer, author, artist, actor/animator, sound effects, music and sound engineer) it's quite amazing that any solely independent works get done at all.

Edited by - rocky53204 on 05/24/2012 05:30:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  06:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't let the lack of female voices stop you -- some of the very funniest comedy bits were done by female impersonators (Monty Python, anyone?)

In a true collaboration project we would indeed work to our strengths, but that's not what this is all about. And there is a lot to be said to doing the things you are worst at (because that's how you get better). I can't draw to save my life but that doesn't stop me from trying <g>.

To me all entertainment works come down to the writing. As long as you have a good script the rest will take care of itself (conversely, there is no amount of acting, directing or animating that can make up for a bad one). But I'd avoid reading much about writing -- while there are certain principles you can learn (and should learn) the rest is just how you get to Carnagie Hall -- practice, practice, practice (anyone wanting to learn to write should write at least 30 minutes every single day of their life. I'm dead serious here).
Go to Top of Page

Wena
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1050 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  1:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Mike,I know it is not professional system.
I am going to post it in another thread.

Wena
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  4:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, since no one seems to want to jump in here, I guess I'll take a shot using some of my new characters (just playing around with different styles that I can't use on our show).

I'll try and get something up by tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

sbtamu
Silver Member

920 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  7:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit sbtamu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will try to have my fatman done by the time Mike has this next part done so I can get on board with this. I could do a scene but it would look odd with the plumber in just a side view. I have done a 3/4 but I am not an artist by any means and having trouble making the mouths for him.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  8:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No shame in using the mouths (etc.) in the library... that's what they are there for.
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  7:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here we are so far...

Who's next?
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  11:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding! Loved the retro look, Screenplay/script hilarious. I thought neeters was hoping to participate. (?)
Go to Top of Page

SynthSin75
Administrator

USA
4483 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  11:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit SynthSin75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, a new style of characters from Mike.

-Wes
Go to Top of Page

neeters_guy
Silver Member

506 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  11:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit neeters_guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocky53204

I thought neeters was hoping to participate. (?)

I did post but I retracted it when I realized I wouldn't have time this weekend. It was only up for only few minutes, so good on you for your eagle eyes!

Good progress so far!
Go to Top of Page

Wena
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1050 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  04:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovey Mike, good to see you braking out of the 'old mode' with a new style!

Wena
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  06:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, ladies and gents, for noticing the new look.

It was fun to break out of my usual -- my wife saw it and said "Wow" and I said "Yeah, but I'm kind of locked in to our format for the show so it was nice to have the chance to do something new." I'm a HUGE fan of the retro look (because when I first grew up this was what ALL cartoons looked like) and if I ever do another series I'm going to do it in this style (but I still have about a year's worth of animation to do before I'm finished with what I already have. Sigh).
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  3:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all, I'm still up to add my 60 seconds - I have a 2 week slot at the end of June with (currently!) no other major commitments so hope to join in then!
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  5:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, so you're saying that you want to do this in a couple of weeks, right?

In that case, we are still open for anyone else to jump in here.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page