Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  06:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YouTube:

ANME (no sound) : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65307694/Grace.zip

If you like this sort of thing kindly leave a comment... I don't want to bore people with things they care not for.

Edited by - rocky53204 on 03/29/2012 09:42:13 AM

neeters_guy
Silver Member

508 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  3:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit neeters_guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I already gave you some comments at the other forum, but I'll also add that you shouldn't worry too much if no one comments. Keep posting your best efforts and be gracious. If people like you (and I think they will), they'll post eventually.
Go to Top of Page

dueyftw

217 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  01:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I liked some and disk liked other parts. What I think that needs improvement is the arm and knee joints, their movement is odd because it looks as if they are folding on themselves. The body is OK, but there is two times when it seems to bend to and extremes, at 0:09 and 0:13. The part I like was head movement with out a face. I could see where the blank face would be looking by the chest changing directions and being covered up.

Dale
Go to Top of Page

hothead

54 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  11:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rocky53204 i like it as it has a 3d look to its a work of art in motion
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  07:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This work is quite experimental... the look I'm going for is 'rubbery' with exaggerated movement. The figure is made entirely of strokes (only) and is meant to be suggestive and illusionary rather than realistic.
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1372 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  09:38:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah! neat - but I have to agree with Dale about some parts of the work - however the principle is great. I understand what you're saying about "suggestive" more than "realistic" - and I've seen some wonderful "rubbery arms" that defy any realistic human anatomy ... so maybe it's the transition between "realistic looking" (e.g. 'normal' limb length / joint) and "illusion" (lengths / joints changing) that's a bit bumpy / unexpected?

In any case you've inspired me to try more "stroke only" work. A while back on the other forum someone asked about "how do you draw eyes" - my reply was "could be anything from single stroke to more complicated.."
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  9:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Per a request from my sister I will be making a longer, very stylized, modified version. (She says it makes her feel serene.) This simple style provokes imagination.

Approximately 4+ minutes which is a lot of point pushing... will post a link when done. I'm doing straight ahead animation without 'actions' which would make it easier but I would lose some flexibility. I find I go back repeatedly to tweak bits here and there.

I have not seen much on the Forums on this manner of stroke work. I think this concept could be developed artistically quite a bit more. Fantasia comes to mind.

Edited by - rocky53204 on 03/20/2012 9:28:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2012 :  3:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The longer version, done for sis, can be found at:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly