Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  10:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have been practicing art with anime studio converting clipart (SVG) to anme format. Learned a bit about 'styles', neat way to change car colors.

Zip file about 227 K contains 9 different cars sourced from openclipart.org. Unzipped nearly 3 meg.

Free to a good home, no copyright claimed. Done with Pro 8.2 and apparently not compatible for loading with earlier versions. Works fine as a library resource. (Put mine in props/my stuff)

S'anyways find at:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65307694/cars.zip

First come, first served...

Enjoy, share...

Edited by - rocky53204 on 02/20/2013 10:56:19 PM

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  12:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Rocky! thanks for these. I admire the amount of work you must have put into this. Please take what I'm about to say as a compliment to your efforts to turn what AS does with SVG into something usable. IMO AS has made a great first step by having some SVG import capability - but it still has a loooong way to go. This is the "before and after" of the Corvette:

One thing about vector graphics is the level of detail that is there. Maybe a good thing or not depending on what you're trying to achieve -- good: amazing zooms into tiny detail - or bad: thousands of points slowing down your render. But here's a close up of the front of the hood (or bonnet for my compatriots):

Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  8:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So pleased you liked it! In an ideal world conversion would not be needed, nevertheless, SVG import ability is a real nice feature!

The detail is nice for closeups, but, the package has some simpler ones using less resources. Feel free to fine tune to your liking.

I was converting them in Inkscape, (Even started a tutorial on how to do it.) but found, it just as quick to play with it in Anime Studio to yield results shown. With a bit of cleanup and shading you can start your own toon used car lot. One of them has a removable interior so you can put your character behind it to show through the window.

Will release more prop packages as time & circumstance allow...
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  10:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Faces for the crowd' converted as well...
same source and lack of conditions. Enjoy, share!
most of these needed little work.

at: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65307694/faces.zip

525 K zip file, about 7 meg anme uncompressed

Edited by - rocky53204 on 03/04/2012 4:24:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  02:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"It takes a village"

16 houses, similar stylistically. (cartoony) These did not import gracefully, needed extensive conversion. Flat perspective...

AT: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65307694/simple%20houses.zip
Enjoy, share!

Edited by - rocky53204 on 03/04/2012 4:26:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  11:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5 airplanes

AT: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65307694/airplanes.zip
106K zipped
1.44 unzipped

Edited by - rocky53204 on 03/04/2012 4:27:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

dueyftw

217 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  4:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I could use these.

How much of your time was to clean up these? The svg import seems to be much better than ai.

Dale

Edited by - dueyftw on 03/02/2012 4:49:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  8:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
13 more buildings, some with scenery.

Big file, 664k zip, 9.82 meg unzip, lotsa points
FORMATTED TO GO IN YOUR LIBRARY.
AT: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65307694/buildings.zip
Dale, cleanup varies with source file from none to extensive.
If the artist used a lot of gradients it creates problems.
Overlaps, as stated above is an issue as well. As with anything else the more you do the faster you become, having already encountered a given problem you know how to correct same.

Far better than EPS/AI! (Oh, the hassles with legacy files!) This promises to be an internet standard with all that implies, so I am ever so pleased it is now available! With what I have posted you can create a simple town with cars in front of the buildings and with planes in the air in very quick order. Great for establishing locations. Not much point in re-inventing the wheel, use what's available.

I offer this practice for newer users such as myself, the experienced develop their own style over time and may not find these useful.

Edited by - rocky53204 on 03/04/2012 4:28:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

hayasidist
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1265 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  05:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi rocky - you make an important point about "legacy files" there ... with support for Flash "coming to an end" and HTML5 (and therefore, by implication, SVG) on the ascendancy, nudging out "native" formats on the plethora of platforms (mostly portables that operate to their own standard) - AS has got to join that trend... by V10 (when? Jan 2014?) I'd expect to see a whole lot better SVG support - import AND export - in fact if AS support for SVG doesn't rival its SWF capabilities by then it'll be falling behind the curve.

EDIT: oops! added 2 to 8 and got 11 first time (or did I think we were already on AS9... whatever - I meant the version after next

Edited by - hayasidist on 03/03/2012 10:43:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  09:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, a vector export would be quite pleasant and in my view a key to survival. Countless case studies have shown that companies who cling to proprietary data sets seldom retain a market.

Bitmap export is supported, but, I suspect the majority of users move from cut-paper type animation to the more fluid vector type as they gain experience.

While Anime Studio has marvelous graphic ability exchange with users of other product(s) is a definite limitation. (Manga Studio?, etc.) In some cases art with other products may be faster. Shame to be locked into one way of doing something. I consider this a mild criticism as the product is superb! (As well as the user community, quite helpful!)

Reviewing past comments I sense Smith is accelerating development. The upgrade from pro 8 to 8.1 and 2 happened quickly and were quite nice.
I look forward to pleasant reasons to upgrade to pro 9.

It is becoming obvious that 'channels' such as YouTube, Yahoo, etc. are positioning themselves to be entertainment networks in competition with other forms of amusement. This is a great opportunity for Smith to be the preferred source for creatives if they move forward with that in mind.
Go to Top of Page

dueyftw

217 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  8:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It is becoming obvious that 'channels' such as YouTube, Yahoo, etc. are positioning themselves to be entertainment networks in competition with other forms of amusement. This is a great opportunity for Smith to be the preferred source for creatives if they move forward with that in mind.

The problem is that 95% on YouTube or Yahoo is garbage, I know, I posted a lot of it.

The problem with AS is that Debut or Pro is both are for non professionals. Like poor implementation of the file system, doesn't work well on a network where many people are changing the files to having no real pro features. ( I could post a lot but that would be another thread) But they keep the one (now two I think) guys can do all the programming. For a long time one would replace the drawing tools just to keep your sanity. Tiny up grades like jog 'x' frames button never get's addressed because they are both working on stopping out bugs.

Dale
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  9:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NBC is 95% garbage...

I have found that if I put these pictures in the same folder as the anme file (in the library) they show up in the library like the stuff furnished by Smith Micro. You should be able to right 'click' on the image to 'save as'! Pictures must be in PNG format.

Thanks to Synthsin for the suggestion to display the pictures!

Edited by - rocky53204 on 03/10/2012 11:07:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

dueyftw

217 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  09:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rocky you win

95% of all media is garbage. I guess the nice thing about the internet is that we get to pick and chose the garbage. I like the 'Sons of Anarchy' but only watch it on the web because their is no commercials on the uploads, but I give up some picture quality.

They, thanks to the conversions.

Dale
Go to Top of Page

Wena
Gold Member

United Kingdom
1050 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  09:21:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just had a virus warning in attempting to download the plains above.

Wena
Go to Top of Page

Kelleytoons
Forum Admin

6396 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  12:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wes said (in another thread) that this does sometimes happen with Mediafire files, but is probably safe to ignore.

(Still yet another reason, though, to use DropBox -- come on now, folks, if you don't already have it, get it... and make sure you use mine or another's invite so you can get more space when you sign up. I've posted my invite at least twice on this site so I won't again, but it's something no one here on this forum should not have).
Go to Top of Page

rocky53204
Silver Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  2:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not know about dropbox till yesterday, thanks to jonbo. (Love it!)

I did check the FAQ's and did not find info on this subject.
I use Microsofts virus checker, updated automatically. Files do not leave me infected. (Assuming Microsoft got it right!)

I have noticed that mediafire at times downloads web links to peddle advertising. You may be detecting that.

S'anyways... moved everything over to dropbox to avoid confusion.

Edited by - rocky53204 on 03/04/2012 4:30:13 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Animators Forum © Kelleytoons Go To Top Of Page